Rebel Athletic is the fastest growing cheerleading uniform company in the world. Rebel has turned heads quicker than any other manufacturer – even being named by Global Brand Consultancy Eat Big Fish as one of their “20 Challenger Brands to Watch in 2013”. Our cutting-edge designs; innovations and custom fit have set a new standard in an industry that was starving for something new.
Rebel has teamed up with Cheer Athletics, the largest, most prestigious all-star gym program in the country to power their Rebel Level Pro Shop, providing a collection of co-branded products and the Best of the Best customer experience to athletes, parents and CA fans worldwide.
Summary of Position: The Pro Shops Manager is a strategic liaison with Cheer Athletics (CA), accountable for the successful adoption of strategic sales activities driving retail sales. This role works collaboratively with Cheer Athletics (CA) and Rebel Athletic to add value to customers’ experience online and in-store. This position will be a dynamic combination of a daily office setting, local on-site with DFW pro shops, and occasionally national travel may be required. A cross-functional role responsible for multi-channel operations, people management, store management, and relationship management are key to powering The Best of the Best Pro Shop in the Allstar cheerleading industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of daily online operations, store operations, vendor/client relationships, and remote location support
- Works directly with the warehousing team to ensure timely inventory management and multi-channel merchandise flow
- Proactively communicates marketing needs to support seasonal sales initiatives, campaigns and/or in-market events across email, social channels
- Serves as visual merchandising lead for all pro shop concepts, providing clear instructions and best practices to optimize shop-ability and product sell-through.
- Routinely monitors product performance; responsible for active product lifecycle management internally and externally
- Responsible for setting and managing store operating hours and associate-level shift scheduling
- Facilitates hiring, training, scheduling and actively managing all pro shop staff
- Actively resolves personnel concerns, scheduling issues, and non-compliance
- Sets clear expectations, clearly communicating sales goals and performance benchmarks
- Educates staff on products, policies, procedures, shopping events, and company information through weekly team meetings and ongoing coaching and communication
- Participates in weekly Partner meeting, providing a full retail business review
- Engages in market visits once per quarter with satellite pro shop locations and weekly store visits for DFW locations
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business - including holidays, weekends, nights, opening/closing shifts
- Willing to travel out-of-state to satellite pro shops and mobile/pop up shopping events
- Availability to participate in meetings and events outside of normal working hours may be required
- 2 - 3 years of retail management experience (specialty retailing experience is a plus)
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education and necessary to perform job functions (Retailing/Merchandising degree is a plus)
- Active merchandise management experience (buying/planning) is a plus
- Proficiency in merchandising math and the ability to interpret and report sales data
- Effective visual merchandising lead and communicator
- Experience planning, producing and/or managing pop up/mobile store experiences is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication with excellent follow up & great organization skills
- Ability to lead, train, mentor, and motivate pro shop personnel
- Receptive to constructive feedback and solution-oriented
- Experience creatively and strategically planning sales promotions and seasonal campaigns
- Advanced point of sale software experience and ability to adapt to new platforms
- Social media experience is a plus
- Ability to lift to 15 - 25 pounds (i.e. boxes, retail fixtures, and furniture)
- Requires physical ability for participating in floor sets and working sales floor, including but not limited to standing, sitting, walking, folding and hanging merchandise, reaching above head and below the waist.
REBEL ATHLETIC INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled