Do you want to make a difference in a child’s life? Work with the Fresh Food Factor and fulfill our joint mission of promoting a healthy lifestyle through fresh food and providing opportunities to individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in the food industry. Team players and devoted individuals have the opportunity to begin careers as Food Service Workers with the Fresh Food Factor. Here at Volunteers of America Greater New Orleans, an established and recognized faith-based social service organization we recognize providing healthy meals through our Fresh Food Factor is essential to children maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
With the same passion with which we serve our communities, we are passionate about our team - as our employees are our greatest asset.
We are currently in search of dynamic Food Service Workers to join our Fresh Food Factor team. The Fresh Food Factor provides healthy nourishing meals to 13 schools in Orleans and Jefferson Parish. Our goal is not only to provide fresh and healthy meals but also teach our community that a healthy lifestyle begins with good eating habits.
We are looking for Food Service Workers for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year.
Using the team approach, the Food Service Worker will:
- Perform preparation work, such as washing, peeling, cutting fruits and vegetables.
- Transfers trays of food to and from work and warming stations.
- Stores food in designated areas following wrapping, food safety, and rotation procedures.
- Cleans work and student eating area, utensils, and other equipment.
- Execute HACCP guidelines, along with State and Federal Government guidelines concerning food safety and sanitation.
- Most importantly, serve kids with a smile in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Lead Food Service Worker and/or the Account Manager.
Great communication skills are a must! The Food Service Worker will be expected to:
- Demonstrate professionalism to students, principals, and other official school representatives
- Maintain open communication and cooperative work environment with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended period of time.
Join our team at the Fresh Food Factor where we nourish the body, nurture the soul, and lift the community one school at a time.
An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Volunteers of America Greater New Orleans, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled