We are actively recruiting for a Front Desk Supervisor.
Job Title Front Desk Supervisor Job Code 01
Department Rooms Operations Reports to General Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
Purpose: We are here to positively impact others!
Service Promise: From our Family to yours, we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way.
Role: To lead the front desk staff to deliver on Up To Par | Taylor Hospitality purpose and service promise.
- Embraces ECHO Teamwork values
- Practices Lean Management principles as an integral part of the operation.
- Answer the phone and operate the telephone switchboard
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests
- Have a thorough working knowledge of hotel property management system
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for their bill
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts using the specified computer system Room Master
- Review the reservation transaction reports daily
- Compute bills and collect payments from guests
- Issue room keys and help guest get all of their luggage to their rooms
- Professionally handle guest complaints, solving problems, and follow up using Hay Creek service culture standards, apologize and emphasize with guests when responding complaints
- Review accounts and charges with guests during the check-out process
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems
- Manage and oversee the housekeeping department to include room inspections, scheduling, training, inventory, and ordering of Room Supplies
- Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning
- Keep in contact with housekeeping to keep accurate records of room status
- Make and confirm reservations over the phone and those submitted online
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary
- Maintain the lobby and sitting area including ensuring the coffee, other beverages and snacks are replenished and maintained
- Date-stamp, sort, and rack incoming mail and messages
- Devise packages and other deals for the upcoming periods
- Updating and maintaining the website- especially when it comes to special stay packages and deals
- Make changes to guest account
- Posting bills and charges to the accounts of small groups
- Answer questions for guests both at the front desk and over the phone
- Make special deliveries to guest rooms with gift baskets, champagne, and other special ordered food and beverage items
- Know all safety and emergency procedures, including handling of emergency phone calls and what to do in an emergency situation and be able to train all front office staff in their roles in emergency situations
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Ability to stand for 8 hrs. length of time
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials up to 30lbs
- Must be able to perform repetitive motions
- Ability to bend frequently during a shift
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English
Technology and Equipment:
- Intermediate computer skills
- Maintain room inventory in Room Master
- Answer phones and transfer calls using the main telephone switchboard
- Processes credit card transactions on a credit card terminal
- Substantial telephone and radio use to communicate with co-workers
- Must be able to work Laundry; washer and dryer as needed
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment such as, but not limited to, a vacuum
- Proper and safe use of chemicals
- Hotel property with guest rooms and residential suites
- Work will primarily take place at the Front Desk, Guest Rooms, Lobby area
- Group and solo work
- Practice and observe all safety procedures
- Interior of the hotel, in all areas with exposure to extreme temperatures.
- The exterior of the hotel with exposure to weather conditions.
- Exposure to various hazardous chemicals.
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure the associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the Company
Up To Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up To Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.
Up To Par exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.