Investor Relations Officer I
Want to make a visual impact and help change lives for the better across the Deep South? Join the award-winning team at HOPE (Hope Enterprise Corporation/Hope Credit Union), one of the nation’s leading community development organizations. For over 20 years, HOPE has been improving lives by helping entrepreneurs, homebuyers, families, and communities become more financially secure. Since 1994, HOPE has generated more than $2 billion in financing and assisted over 1 million people across the Deep South.
The Investor Relations Officer I is responsible for working closely with the Vice Presidents of Investor Relations to recruit and retain institutional and individual donors and mission investors and depositors who support the organization’s impact in the Deep South. Duties include: working across the HOPE team to draft funding proposals (e.g. concept papers, letters of interest, grant applications); individual donor, investor and depositor solicitations; and funder reports and other updates on use and outcomes of funds received. The person in this role will be expected to have superior collaboration, organization and writing skills, and have a growth mindset as demonstrated in part by valuing feedback and iteration. Work requires that the employee use considerable judgment and creativity in organizing and managing the workflow and assuring that all deadlines are met. Confidentiality is involved. This position could be located in the Jackson, Mississippi; New Orleans, Louisiana; or Memphis, Tennessee offices.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Work with VPs of Investor Relations and others across the organization to gather information needed to draft, iterate and finalize various institutional funder proposals (e.g. concept papers, LOIs, grant applications) and routine reports on use and outcomes of funds received
- Coordinate development of email and print content to be used in campaigns to recruit and retain individual donors, investors and mission depositors
- Support submission of funding proposals, execution of funding agreements, and processing of funds received
- Lead internal accountability on funder deliverables, including facilitating monthly meetings on upcoming funding reports, quarterly meetings with department heads on progress toward deliverables, and other activities as needed
- Manage regular reporting to investors in HOPE’s New Markets Tax Credit projects, primarily quarterly financial and other compliance updates
- Conduct and disseminate research regarding institutional and individual funding prospects and funding/investment opportunities
- Support Investor Relations team efforts to maintain an organized, robust database that records up-to-date relationships with institutional and individual funders, investors, and prospects (this work will primarily be completed using Salesforce)
- Serve on interdepartmental teams for other special programs and projects
- Other duties as required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least four years of experience performing the duties described in the Primary and Essential Functions above, especially formal and persuasive writing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
HOPE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
HOPE is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled