**Please complete application and profile questions to be considered for this position**
This position will work one of our day shifts between the hours of 5:00 am to 8:00 pm M-F with a rotating on-call shift for the Service Desk. Shift assignment will be based on need at the time and may change in the future. This position requires excellent people and communication skills.
Candidates must have earned a Network+ or higher certification and be able to methodically perform desktop troubleshooting. They should also have a fundamental knowledge of network essentials and basic working of technologies such as DNS, DHCP, SMTP, POP3, SSL, and TCP/IP. Skills in basic server administration, router, switch, or firewall technologies is also helpful.
Candidates must be proficient with Windows 10. Should also be experienced with common desktop products such as Microsoft Office suites, anti-virus software, Acrobat Reader, and the configuration of email products.
Other Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with the OSI & TCP/IP models
- Familiarity with ticketing systems such as Remedy, ConnectWise, and AutoTask
- Familiarity with previous RMM tools such as AEM, Labtech, and Kaseya.
- General knowledge and familiarity with Active Directory, Group Policies, and Organizational Units
- Familiarity with network printing and scanning
- Basic knowledge of Windows server 2012/2016, Hyper-V, Digium, and Office 365
- Provide service and support to our project, break/fix, and recurring clients for desktop, server, and light networking issues
- Provide spyware and virus remediation for the system that may be compromised
- Respond to service requests within 24 hours of receipt during business hours
- Provide supplemental support to our professional services engineers
- Periodically man our technical support help desk to manage support requests
- Be able to use remote support tools to assist clients
- Reset passwords and unlock user accounts in a Windows networking environment, check print queues, IP addresses, and basic network connectivity,
- Assist with proactive support tasks to clients related to patch management, printing, backup software
- On-call support and projects occasionally require the candidate to have dependable transportation for local travel to customers in the DFW area.
- Engineers must accurately and promptly enter all-time billing, and keep calendar up-to-date. Engineers should be able to work with Fulcrum team members to develop *best practices* checklists for their area of focus.