The Assistant Director of Nursing will assist in ensuring the provision of quality care that promotes the highest practicable physical, the mental and psychological well-being of each resident as determined by resident assessments and individual plans of care.
- Handle and/or assist the Director of Nurses in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the day-to-day functions of the nursing department in accordance with current rules, regulations and facility policies that govern the facility.
Quality of Care:
- Handle and/or assist in developing and regularly evaluating methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care in accordance with nursing home regulations and applicable nursing facility standards and practices.
- Communicate with attending physician and medical director regarding resident care issues as needed.
- Communicate with families regarding resident care issues when appropriate
- Handle and/or assist the DON in determining the staffing needs of the nursing service department.
- Handle and/or assist the DON in the recruitment, hiring, and training of nursing service personnel.
- Verify that a sufficient number of nursing staff members are available for each shift to ensure that nursing care is provided to meet the daily nursing care needs of each resident.
- Develop work assignments and schedules. Participate in supervising staff to ensure assigned tasks are completed and performed.
- Assist in the facility daily startup process.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the facility’s quality assurance program for the nursing service department.
- Serve on the Quality Assurance Committee as assigned.
- Assist in the review of resident clinical records as needed.
- Assist in the review of consultant reports and implementation of any plans of corrections as needed.
- May be periodically required to assist with MDS assessments and care plans if and as needed.
- Assist in the review of and implement appropriate compliance action regarding pertinent regulatory reports.
- Participate in the facility’s nursing on-call schedule.
- Perform any other duties deemed reasonable and necessary by the Director of Nurses.
- The ideal candidate will possess an RN or LVN license that is in good standing with the State
- The ideal candidate will have previous nurse management experience in a skilled nursing setting
- Must have exceptional customer service and communication skills
Regency Integrated Health Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled