PHM is seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Director of Sales for our Hampton Inn - Milwaukee. The Director of Sales is responsible for all sales-related activities, including direct sales efforts, follow-up and proper sales administration. He/she is also responsible for growing existing accounts and generating new business to ensure that room revenues and catering revenues meet or exceed budget in order to maximize revenue and profits, and to improve the hotel’s performance in the marketplace.
Duties and Functions:
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure the ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Meet or exceed set goals.
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Coordinate group, transient, and catering bookings to maximize profits.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Be familiar with all Peachtree Hotel Group sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Develop strategies to increase share from competitors when the hotel revenue penetration goals are not being met.
- Use the property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including but not limited to, generating reports, entering the business, blocking space, and building accounts.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST) and ensure that the Sales Team does the same.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; College Degree is preferred.
- Must have at least two years of hotel director of sales experience; preferably within the Marriott brand.
- Valid driver’s license from the appropriate state.
- Must be able to work mornings, nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by hotel business levels.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.