Aberdeen Place Hospice is seeking a part-time Hospice Social Worker to join our outstanding team! This position will be responsible for providing supportive and medical social services to our patients and their families.
This position will provide supportive and medical social services to terminally ill patients under our care and to their families in accordance with an appropriate plan of care. The Social Worker will assume responsibility for the development, implementation, and management of psycho-social services provided to hospice patients and families. Additionally, the Social Worker will also spend a portion of their time representing Aberdeen Place Hospice in the community.
- Assess patient/family social and emotional factors in order to estimate their potential to cope with terminal illness and death.
- Provide psychosocial counseling and support to the patient/family experiencing emotional, social and economic conflict.
- Assist patient/family and staff in utilizing community resources.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team (IDT) meeting to establish, review and revise the plan of care for each patient, including the exchange of information, review of problems and sharing of professional support.
- Responsible for maintenance of electronic medical records, assuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with regulations, certification standards, legal and ethical standards.
- Coordinate all patient and family services.
- Identify and address comfort care needs in collaboration with other members of the care team.
- Support the patient’s and family's unique spiritual and cultural beliefs.
- Provide holistic, family-centered care across treatment settings to improve the quality of life.
- Develop and administer the Bereavement Program ensuring compliance with all federal and state regulations.
- Consult and collaborate with the IDT and others involved in the patients care.
- Provide care consistent with National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization standards of practice for hospice programs.
- Master's degree in Social Work
- LMSW or LCSW in the State of Georgia
- At least one (1) year recent social work experience in hospice
- Counseling skills with both individuals and groups
- Knowledge of community social, financial and health resources including Medicare / Medicaid, financial aid, and county, state and private social services agencies.
- Demonstrated patient care planning and patient teaching skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, and the internet. Experience in Consolo preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.