The Van Driver performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation to and from various destinations. An employee in this class drives a van or bus over a scheduled route.
- Must have a working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment.
- Must have the knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures.
- Operate and maintain transportation vehicles with a focus on safety.
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Perform minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary.
- Fuel the vehicles when needed.
- Make sure periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported.
- Document vehicle usage and mileage.
- Prepare trip, accident and incident reports as necessary.
- Assist residents and passengers in and out of the vehicle.
- Provide safety briefing to residents and passengers.
- Provide other services as requested by management.
- Receive direction and route assignments from the dispatcher or Supervisor.
- Assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations if necessary.
- Actively assist and participate in the enhancement of the lives of our residents through our dedicated approach to patient care and our census-building program.
- Actively assist and participate in the development and retention of staff through recruitment, training and nurturing the employees of the nursing facility.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Administrator in accordance with the qualifications and training.
- Must possess a valid driver's license issued by the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Must be 25 years of age or older and pass a motor vehicle screen.
- Preferred to be a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA).
- Should have the ability to deal effectively and patiently with others.
- Should have the ability to operate a van or small bus.
- Should have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Should have the ability to operate lift equipment
- Should have the ability to lift weights of 40-60 lbs.
Regency Integrated Health Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled