The Desktop Support Manager will report directly to the Chief Information Officer and will be responsible for providing high-level leadership to the desktop support team, acting as an escalation point for internal users and external vendors. The Desktop Support Manager will ensure the professional, responsive, and effective operation of the desktop support team. The Desktop Support Manager will work collaboratively with other managers within the department to create and maintain a stable, highly available, and productive environment for the company. The Desktop Support Manager will be responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, developing, reviewing, disciplining, and terminating employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages a team of Desktop Support Specialists, both locally and remote, responsible for the end-user support throughout the company.
2. Assigns and escalates all incoming work orders and acts as the point of contact for questions from the desktop support team, as well as from end-users and external partners.
3. Works collaboratively with other department managers when necessary.
4. Ensures proactive and routine communication with end-users; continuously follows up with both end-users and the desktop support team to identify areas of improvement.
5. Plans, coordinates, and supervises the execution of projects, work assignments, and workloads for desktop support personnel, ensuring adherence to departmental policy and procedures.
6. Creates, maintains, and enforces complex technical procedures to improve productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness within the desktop support team.
7. Oversees the timely deployment of all necessary patches for Windows and other desktop applications in use within the company.
8. Continuously research new and/or emerging technologies to find ways of improving the company’s computer systems as well as internal IT systems.
9. Implements maintain and enforces a schedule to ensure appropriate coverage of the help desk during business hours and on-call support coverage.
10. Runs weekly reports in the ticketing system to assess the work order volume and technical accuracy of all work orders; provides report to management.
11. Creates and updates training material for new and existing desktop support staff for the transfer of knowledge of the desktop structure and applications.
12. Performs special projects within other areas as requested.
13. Adheres to BSA policy and all other bank policies.
14. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or another related field.
6+ years of experience working in a help desk environment; supervisory and/or team lead experience required.
Expert knowledge of desktop computers and peripherals.
Experience supporting a VDI environment, preferably Citrix or VMware.
Experience working from a ticketing system.
Experience with patch management tools.
High-level understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS.
Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication, documentation, and collaborative skills.
Must have problem-solving skills.
CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, or any Microsoft certifications highly preferred.
Background and credit clearance required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled