The accounting clerk will be responsible for updating financial records, preparing reports and reconciling statements and accounts. Focus may include accounts payable, accounts receivable, financing, tax or other necessary accounting activities.
- Maintain accurate accounting records both in physical and electronic form.
- Prepare and post journal entries to the general ledger.
- Reconcile accounts monthly and prepare reports to present to management.
- Research, track, and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Maintain bank spreadsheet by confirming deposits and transfers.
- Reconcile petty cash and prepare reimbursement on a monthly basis.
- Monitor tax payments and compile information for tax filing.
- Assemble financial data for audits.
- Sort, code, and enter payables invoices.
- Perform check runs within vendor terms.
- Setup and maintain vendor files.
- Process, transmit and run credit card transactions for customer sales and refunds.
- Assist internal and external customers with copies of invoices and issues on their accounts.
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, service, and parts departments and from customers.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Assist with other accounting projects in the office as needed.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping the information confidential.
- Any and all other duties assigned by management.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Experience in data collection, entry, and reporting with great attention to detail
- Strong account reconciliation skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook. Must be comfortable with Excel.
- Possess effective oral and written communications skills with aptitude in problem-solving
- High school diploma or equivalent; BS/BA in accounting/business administration is a plus
- Must be able to pass random drug screens.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, or move up to 30 pounds.
Employment Disclaimer: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and task satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract. Management reserves the right to change its contents at any time. This organization complies with the guidelines set forth in the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.