Are you interested in food and beverage and hospitality but not available for full-time employment? At Migis Lodge we are looking for an AM breakfast attendant to join our Food and Beverage team 4-5 days per week.
Hours: Part Time; 7:00a.m. - Noon
Compensation: $14 - $16 per hour, depending on experience. + 7% of wages incentive payment.
Seasonal Position: May through October 2023 (flexible)
Start date: May 2023
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: No previous experience is required
Since this is single shift daytime work, candidates may not be eligible for housing.
The Breakfast Attendant may be the first-person guests encounter at our Migis Lodge, so must greet guests efficiently, welcoming them with warmth and enthusiasm. The BA will assist with setting up the dining room, preparing the breakfast buffets & coffee snoozer. They will be responsible for keeping the buffet stocked and clean, and ensure that the food is of proper quality. Beginning and end of shift side work will also be required. Approximate shift hours are 7/7:30a.m. – 11/Noon. Work closely with Restaurant Management, Kitchen Staff and Food & Beverage personnel to help guarantee our guests a dining experience which exceeds their expectations.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Maintain a neat and professional appearance and dressed according to property expectations.
· Understand the organization of the dining room, seating charts, and members of the service team.
· Make sure breakfast buffet and eggs to order/food special information reflect the standards of Migis Lodge. Continually restock and tidy to have the buffet and snoozer neat and plentiful.
· Have knowledge of names of and recognize repeat or frequent guests.
· Welcome all guests with warmth and enthusiasm and provide initial orientation to the buffet experience as they wait for items. Be sure that guests are kept comfortable and informed if a wait is required.
· Assist fellow servers in pouring water, clearing tables, and resetting tables.
· Say good-bye to guests as they depart – if notified of any issues, notify a manager so they can be addressed.
· Be prepared to answer basic questions about the property, activities, etc., or know where to refer guests for answers.
· Ability to safely operate restaurant equipment including, but not limited to coffee makers, refrigeration, juice machines, soup warmers, toasters, open table system and other basic kitchen equipment and appliances, etc.
· Work with other Breakfast Servers to ensure that guests’ needs are continually met. Make a manager aware of any special needs so that notes can be made for future visits.
· Handle and communicate special orders and guest complaints in a professional manner. Share information with customers about the status of their orders. Have a basic understanding of common food allergies and communicate these issues to the kitchen to ensure diner safety.
· Complete side work as assigned (resetting tables, stocking supplies, cleaning, etc.)
· Participate in set up, execution, and clean-up of banquet functions as outlined in Banquet Event Orders/Event Sheets and as directed by Sales & Catering Manager/Dining Room Manager
· Maintain food safety, service station and personal cleanliness and sanitation standards as required by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services and OSHA, as well as general maintenance and upkeep of dining room/restaurant.
· Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
· Must be able to manually handle/lift/carry product up to 60 pounds between knee and shoulders, and be able to lift a fully loaded tray to shoulder height.
· Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
· Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift.
· Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group.
· Ability to provide leadership to the team and understanding conflict resolution with guests.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
· Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
· Ability to work as a part of a team.
· Ability to understand verbal directions, menu details, labels on chemicals, and other workplace safety signage.
· Active listening and observation skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with deadlines, and stressful situations during busy periods.
· Frequent walking, bending, balancing, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting, manual dexterity and repetitive motions. May require the ability to work on uneven outdoor surfaces, move and arrange chairs, tables, and banquet equipment.
· Occasional stair climbing.
· Schedule varies according to operational needs; will include early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
· Frequent hand-washing.
· Hazards include, but are not limited to lifting injuries, slips, and tripping.