The Event Sales Manager will be responsible for soliciting, securing and responding to customer inquiries regarding the purchase of food and beverage and use of event facilities in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. The ideal candidate must be a highly communicative, meticulously organized team player who possesses a positive, problem-solving attitude and a passion for innovation.
• Solicit, secure and respond to customer inquiries regarding the purchase of food and beverage, rental of event facilities and purchase of ancillary services from the hotel.
• Host and entertain clients, conduct property tours, promote facilities and services and draft contracts.
• Communicate with and provide direction and supervision to team members to execute catering events.
• Actively prospect and qualify new business.
• Achieve personal and team goals as assigned.
• Negotiate meeting room rental, function space, and/or hotel services within approved booking guidelines.
• Accurately produce and/or review all sales contracts, rate agreements, and/or banquet/catering event orders.
• Monitor and handle inquiry calls and provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
• Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon with clients.
• Disseminate sales-related information to other departments as appropriate.
• Arrange and conduct special events and off-site presentations for potential clients.
• Entertain clients in accordance with established company and hotel policies and guidelines.
• Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
• Produce monthly sales-related reports and sales forecasts for assigned area of responsibility.
• Attend and represent hotel at trade shows and conventions.
• Follow up with clients regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
• Respond to special guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School/GED required
• Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of Event Catering Sales experience is required
• Full service hotel experience preferred
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the catering/events industry as a sales manager is required
• Must be well versed in the paring of wine and food
• Must possess comprehensive knowledge of sales techniques
• Must be professional, detail and goal oriented with the ability to prioritize
• Demonstrated ability to achieve and achieve and exceed sales goals
• Ability to effectively close business
• Strong presentation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Prior experience using Delphi Account Management is strongly preferred
• Excellent writing skills (grammar/punctuation/spelling)
• Experience in multi-cultural social events
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of property operations, Food and Beverage (F&B.)
• Team-based selling experience.
• Demonstrates excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and planning
• Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand) and how to sell against them
• An aptitude for self-motivation
• A can-do attitude and a hands-on approach to hotel sales management
• A flexible schedule that allows you to be available days, nights, holidays and weekends based on the demands of the hotel
MCR is the sixth largest hotel owner-operator in the United States with a $2.0 billion portfolio of 85 premium-branded hotels across 26 states and 67 cities, including 50 Marriott properties, 30 Hilton properties, The High Line Hotel in downtown Manhattan, and the TWA Hotel at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City (opening in spring 2019). The company’s innovative approach to guest services and unparalleled attention to detail are redefining the hotel experience and earning recognition from publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure. MCR is an equal opportunity employer of more than 2,500 associates and is dedicated to providing an integrity-driven, merit-based working environment. Consistently honored with excellence awards, the company was named one of the United States top owners in 2018 by Hotel Business. For more information on MCR, please visit www.mcrhotels.com
Your career can take flight at the TWA Hotel, which opened in May 2019 at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport. The TWA Hotel is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Sales Manager for our first-class, 512-room destination hotel that has the historic Eero Saarinen designed 1962 TWA Flight Center. Bringing the magic of the Jet Age to JFK Airport, the hotel features ultra-quiet guest rooms with runway views as well as 50,000 square feet of Meeting & Event space that can host up to 1,400 people. The Food and Beverage offerings are, the Paris Café by Jean-George, the Sunken Lounge, “Connie” Cocktail lounge, and the Food Hall with grab-and-go dining. The hotel also offers high-end retail outlets, a TWA museum, a rooftop infinity pool and a 10,000-square-foot observation deck will contribute to a one-of-a-kind guest experience.