MAIN LINE EXCAVATOR OPERATOR
The Heavy Equipment Operator operates a variety of construction equipment and trucks utilized in construction, maintenance, and repair activities; perform a variety of skilled tasks in the installation of Main Line Utilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Operating equipment of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials, and supplies
- Working with and assisting the pipe crew in digging ditches and trenches, hoisting material, tools, equipment, and any related work with an excavator, backhoe, front-end loader.
- Setting trench boxes and carrying grade for pipe trenches
- Performing all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
- Providing constant courtesy, discretion, and sound judgment with public
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred but not required
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment
- Four (4) years’ experience involving the use of medium and heavy equipment
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials, and tools used in road construction
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally
- Ability to observe proper safety precautions
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
100% employer paid health insurance for the employee, the employer also contributes towards dependent coverage. Employer paid Life & AD&D insurance policy $10,000. Teladoc telephone/online doctor visit service paid by the employer. Access to PTO within 90 days. 401K - employer matches 50% up to 6% of the employee's salary.
Group rates for dental, vision, life, AD&D, STD, LTD, critical illness and accident insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Highland Turf, Inc. t/a HTI Contractors is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled