This position provides clerical support to the department. Specific job duties vary based on department needs and will include interacting with the public to respond to questions and requests for information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
** This position is in the Visitor Services Department**
· Computer data entry, filing, prepare mailings
· Copying/scanning/faxing documents
· Answering phone calls, e-mail communications
· Greeting visitors/orientation
· Utilize reservation software
· Customer service
· Filing, packing, moving record storage boxes and/or merchandise boxes
· Issue permits
· Pricing and displaying merchandise
Education and Experience Required
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older by the first day of employment.
Hours: May-August; Hours will vary, approximately 36 - 40 hours per week; This position requires working Saturdays, will have Mondays off; Scheduled days will include holidays and weekends.
· Good written and oral communication skills and well organized
· Meet assigned deadlines with minimal supervision
· Have a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
· Microsoft Office
Special training or other licenses certification etc.: Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Skills In: Dealing effectively with the public; expressing oneself clearly and concisely; working knowledge of Microsoft Office; time management; and keeping neat and accurate records
Onboarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
National Sex Offender Registry Check
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety, including the Pre-Screen Questions, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County RP089 is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled