Director of Business Development
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for assisting in planning, developing, and implementing the agency marketing programs, which includes community education, non-remunerative solicitation of patients and/or patronage, and advertising. The business development specialist is responsible to the Director of Business Development.
JOB DUTIES/ KNOWLEDGE:
- Plans, develops, and implements a marketing plan, upon approval of the Director of Business Development.
- Plans and conducts community awareness activities which inform physicians, healthcare workers, and patients (current and prospective) of agency programs and capabilities.
- Conducts non-remunerative efforts to obtain new referrals from physicians, and hospital discharge planners.
- Prepares community relation activity reports as directed by the Director of Business Development.
- Performs pre-discharge hospital assessments, coordinates required treatment plan of care.
- Designs agency information and marketing literature and tools for use in the marketing program.
- Coordinates media exposure of the agency to include public service announcements, and advertisements. Assists in the promotion of disease management programs.
- Attends community business functions to gain exposure for the agency.
- Sets and meets job-related goals.
- Identifies self-learning needs and utilizes educational programs to assist in learning.
- Contributes to and participates in the team and individual efforts to improve the quality of service.
- Assists with health plan contracting activities.
- Speaks effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization.
- Complies with National Nursing & Rehab policies an attendance/punctuality.
Sight and hearing sufficient to comprehend written and verbal communication, ability to work a minimum of eight (8) hours per day while driving, standing, sitting, and completing reports and documentation.
Demonstrates initiative and skills in planning and organizing work
- Demonstrates a desire to set and meet objectives and to find increasingly efficient ways to perform tasks.
- Completes work, care, and documentation with accuracy within agency time frames.
- Requires minimal supervision and is self-directed.
MISSION/ AGENCY STANDARDS:
Demonstrates organizational awareness and commitment
- Understands and appropriately applies the chain of command in relation to job position and supervision.
- Knows and understands the agency mission in relation to own job position.
Observes confidentiality policy at all times
- Protects and honors customer and coworker confidentiality.
- Respects customers’ and coworkers’ right to privacy.
Observes attendance and attire policies
- Meets attendance and punctuality expectations.
- Demonstrates cooperation with requests to meet agency needs.
- Consistently adheres to the agency dress code.
Complies with all other related policies, procedures, and requests
- Recommends and/ or supports changes to policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures applicable to own job position.
- Adheres to policies and procedures. Honors requests of management for interim rules.
Conserves agency resources
- Maintains agency property, supplies and equipment in a manner that demonstrates ownership and accountability.
- Maintains the work area to reduce the likelihood of safety hazards and to enhance its general appearance.
Demonstrates interpersonal understanding and utilizes effective communication skills
- Considers the effects of words and actions on others.
- Utilizes listening skills that indicate understanding and promote an accurate interpretation of others’ concerns, motivations, and feelings.
- Recognizes the influence of beliefs and cultures on behaviors and accepts strengths and limitations in others.
- Works toward the resolution of interpersonal conflicts as they arise.
- Recognizes when others are in need of information, assistance or direction and consistently offers and provides help.
- Attends and participates positively in meetings.
- Regularly reads and appropriately applies information to practice.
- Uses words that express respect, patience, and understanding of interactions with others.
- Acknowledges other verbally and nonverbal (eye contact, expression, the tone of voice), promptly and courteously.
- Follows appropriate phone etiquette.
Exhibits behaviors of cooperation
- Develops cooperation and collaborative work efforts that in general benefits all involved parties.
- Demonstrates the initiative to meet the needs of the agency by assisting coworkers when load permits.
PERSONAL/ PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
Continuing education and personal/ professional development responsibilities
- Maintains personal health status requirement in relation to job position
- Maintains professional licensure/ certification (if applicable).
- Maintains current personnel file information and provides information to agency in timely manner.
- Sets own development challenges and volunteers to learn.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel.
- Adheres to agency infection control and safety policies, including education, reporting, and practice implementation specific to the job position.
- Attends agency provided in-service programs to fulfill the requirements of position and agency policies.
Exhibits adaptability, flexibility, self-control and maturity in work and behavior
- Maintains stable performance and emotions when faced with opposition, pressure and/ or stressful conditions.
- Recognizes codependency issues in caregiving roles and exercises caution in relation to maintaining objectivity.
- Develops work relationships that honor and respect others’ strengths and abilities.
Service Excellence 50% of the yearly evaluation
- Shows courtesy, compassion, and respect.
- Communicates with all individuals appropriately, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Contributes to teamwork, and harmonious working relationships.
- Supports and demonstrates continuous improvement of quality and service.
- Shares ideas and suggestions.
- Participates in projects.
- Participates in problem-solving.
- Reports problems, unusual events appropriately.
- Demonstrates behavior that promotes professionalism and self-development.
- Participates in educational programs/ seminars.
- Promotes cost consciousness.
- Displays professional appearance.
- Promotes a professional environment, including an emphasis on cleanliness and safety.
Exhibit critical thinking abilities and applies them for continuous improvement of services and the agency
- Uses own knowledge and experience base and other resources as necessary to make logical decisions and solve problems.
- Continuously analyze work process and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing preferred high school or equivalent required with business development experience.
- At least one-year marketing or administrative experience in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of home health care services and managed care plans.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent speaking and writing ability.
DEGREES OF TRAVEL:
DEGREES OF DISRUPTION TO ROUTINE, OVERTIME:
- Limited disruption to routine
SAFETY HAZARDS IN JOB: