At Neuman Hotel Group, our team is dedicated to creating cherished memories by providing personalized service and genuine hospitality!
Neuman Hotel Group is a family-owned company headquartered in Ashland, Oregon with over 350 employees. Neuman Hotel Group manages properties both in Ashland and Medford including: Ashland Springs Hotel, Ashland Hills Hotel and Suites, Inn at the Commons, Lithia Springs Resort, Larks Restaurants (located inside the Ashland Springs Hotel in Ashland and inside the Inn at the Commons in Medford), Luna Café and Mercantile (located inside the Ashland Hills Hotel) and the Waterstone Spa.
Summary of Position: The Front Desk Supervisor supervises all front desk employees to ensure efficient and smooth operations for producing excellent feedback and guest satisfaction. Essential duties include but are not limited to: ensuring proper completion of all duties of the front desk staff, directing and coordinating the reservations and guest services activities and responding in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure outstanding customer service at all times.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Manage the selection, training, and retention of front desk employees.
- Create schedules of the front desk staff and supervise workload during shifts.
- Evaluate the job performance of each front desk employee, ensuring all policies, procedures, and best practices are being followed with the highest efficiency, level of service and guest satisfaction.
- Complete a daily review of guest feedback, reviews, and logbooks and respond efficiently and appropriately by using a proactive and solution-oriented approach and taking corrective action if needed.
- Verify that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Update group information by maintaining, monitoring and preparing group requirements and relays information to the appropriate personnel.
- Enforce all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit card policies.
- Establish standards for employee accountability and process for feedback, coaching and mentoring for staff and contact Human Resources as needed for support.
- Wear the proper uniform at all times and require all front desk employees to adhere to dress code and appearance standards at all times.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing daily the hotel rates and available data.
- Collaborate with the Housekeeping, Sales, Accounting, and Maintenance departments to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages and packages/mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly and courteous to all guests, colleagues, and members of our community.
- Monitor and manage all VIP and special guest requests.
- Answer guest questions about services, checkout times, the local community or other matters of public interest.
- Take responsibility in the absence of the Resort Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by the Resort Manager.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as a Front Desk Agent or in a guest-focused supervisory position
- Must be highly motivated, solution-oriented, with strong initiative and desire for achievement.
- Must have a passion for genuine hospitality and a sincere desire to create cherished memories for our guests.
- Exceptional customer service skills required with an ability to handle oneself under pressure.
- Be proficient with property management systems to be able to check in, check out, make reservations, run daily reports and plan room assignments.
- Excellent computer skills and a strong understanding of accounting procedures are a must.
- Exceptional communication and presentational skills are required.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays depending upon occupancy and time of year.
- Must be a leader, a driver and bottom-line oriented.
- A professional appearance and good personal hygiene must be maintained at all times.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills and be able to work independently and also as a member of a team.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time (up to 5-8 hours).
- Knowledge of Southern Oregon and surrounding areas is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.