Friendliness, hospitableness, warm reception, welcome, helpfulness, neighborliness,
warmth, kindness, congeniality, geniality, cordiality, courtesy, amenability, generosity…
Do these words describe you? Have you ever dreamed of having picturesque mountain views while you work?
The Server will take orders and deliver them to our guests maintaining and enhancing the quality of our customer service. They work in close collaboration with colleagues and follow established health and safety standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following represents a list of essential duties and responsibilities; other duties may be assigned as required.
- Performs dining room set-up and side work duties.
- Maintains assertive hospitality and up-sells customers by communicating thorough product knowledge.
- Serves guests according to established procedures.
- Participates in table and dining room clean-up.
- Operates the Point-of-Sale computerized cash register system to input customer orders, compute guest checks, and properly and securely process payments.
- Properly report tips for each pay period in accordance with federal, state, and local law.
- Maintains dining room safety and sanitation.
- Reports to assigned service area or dining room on time and in full uniform for each shift. Properly uses time clock by accurately punching in and out for scheduled shift. Obtains Manager's approval prior to punching out.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Minimum Required Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Customer-oriented approach and patience.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Hands on experience in cashier duties and cash handling.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
- Attention to cleanliness and safety.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with high degree of optimism, professionalism, and collaboration.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent people skills, possessing a positive, outgoing, and naturally curious personality.
- Ability to work productively with other employees as part of a team.
- Ability to handle obstacles in a positive and professional manner and to effectively communicate these problems, along with suggested solutions.
- Ability to work a flexible workweek including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Food safety training and CPR Certification will be considered a plus.
- Previous restaurant serving or waitering experience a plus.
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English Language.
Physical Demands The physical demands and environmental factors described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to continuously stand for extended periods of time.
- Use of hands, fingers, and forearms to operate cash register is repetitive.
- Occasional sitting for completion of paperwork.
- Ability to push/pull cart as needed.
- Ability to accommodate cleaning duties by moving or pushing a 50 lb. on occasion.
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
- Standing and walking is continuous for an 8-hour shift.
- Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and ascending and descending stairs are repetitive movements.
SCOUT MVY MANAGEMENT LLC - SEVEN HILLS is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled