BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
HAVAL is developing a research team in the US whose mission is to design and develop an autonomous research system capable of autonomous driving on pre-defined routes without the need for driver intervention, that would support future productization of a SAE Level 4 automated driving system in China for mobility services.
The primary responsibility of this job is to work on software development as a part of the motion planning team is one of the fundamental tasks in autonomous driving.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Develop motion planning algorithms for comfortable and safe trajectories efficiently and correctly to make critical decisions on maneuvers.
- Develop algorithms including path planning algorithms for Lane centering, Automatic Lane Change, Lane Keep Assist, Automatic Parking, etc.
- Model vehicle and controller dynamics and use these models to characterize and accelerate controller improvements.
- Analyze data to assess and improve system performance.
- Collaborate with the ADS team in localization, perception, mission/behavior planning, motion planning and platform control.
- Integrate, test, improve and specify hardware and software to support the motion planning systems users.
- Build new concepts and groundbreaking solutions that shape the future of mobility.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Robotics, ECE, Computer Science or relevant field.
- Relevant software experience in the industry even if in the form of the internship.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- C++ programming expertise on Linux platforms
- Experience in modern planning approaches including randomized search methods and trajectory optimization and modern model predictive control and other advanced control techniques
- Experience with real-time constraints
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics and modeling
- Strong presentation and communication skills
DESIRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Experience in computer vision and machine learning
- Hands-on experience with robot simulators, ROS or other robot frameworks
- Experience in safety-critical system and vehicle state estimation/localization
- Knowledge and research background on planning and decision under uncertainty
- Extensive programming experience with languages including C, C++, Python, Java, Matlab
- English fluency, verbal and written
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time, description, nature of service):
- Typical office environment. The position will require walking, standing and sitting at a computer.
Candidates for positions with American Haval Motor Technology, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification. This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended to include the current essential functions of the job. Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.