A large/progressively skilled nursing, short term rehabilitation center located in New York City is actively seeking a Director of Admissions.
The primary of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Admissions Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Administrator. As Director of Admissions, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Maintains communication with hospitals and community agencies to promote the professional services the Facility provides.
• Reviews PRIs, SCREENS and applications with the Admissions Committee.
• Examines financial documentation to identify a source of payment to insure timely reimbursement to the Facility.
• Reviews, with applicant and/or responsible party, Medicaid and Medicare eligibility requirements.
• Processes appropriate admission forms with governmental agencies to insure that medical and financial eligibility criteria are met prior to and following admission.
• Schedules admissions and works closely with all disciplines to prepare for the admission and his/her special needs.
• Participates in the selection of appropriate room assignments to help facilitate the adjustment.
• Maintains Daily Census and General Records including Admission/Discharge Registers and Medicaid Absence Registers.
• Updates all admission materials and forms on an ongoing basis.
• Works closely with the Medicaid Coordinator to insure that all required documentation is gathered and reviewed for prospective applicants so that financial issues are satisfied at the time of admission.
• Respects the patient’s right to confidentiality at all times.
• Greets and interacts with others with consideration, courtesy, and respect.
• Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers, in a clear, timely, and professional ma Performs work duties willingly and with initiative.
• Displays friendly, helpful behavior to patients, visitors, and co-workers.
• Demonstrates appearance and hygiene appropriate to the delivery of quality services. Maintains professional appearance, adhering to the state uniform policy including identification
• Minimum Associates Degree preferred
• Minimum 2-5 years’ experience as a successful Admissions Director in a short term rehabilitation/long term care facility
• Healthcare, sales, marketing experience preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, typing, medical terminology knowledge and data entry required
• Excellent interpersonal skills; possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors.
We serve patients in long-term, short-term or sub-acute (rehabilitation) settings. Our recently renovated facilities boast a state-of-the-art rehabilitation center and offers bright, modern and comfortable home-like settings. Our professional staff of excellent primary care physicians, caring nurses, skilled clinicians and dedicated team of employees implement the latest interventions and treatments. Our services are vast, and meet your needs at every age and stage. Neurological, cardiopulmonary, orthopedic, and other conditions can all be managed in our care. We want to help you enjoy sustainable health and quality of life, and we do so by offering advanced technology, innovative treatment options, and world-class physicians, therapists, nurses, and staff. From specialty services to our signature renewal programs, we can provide you a comprehensive treatment plan to help you experience wellness again.
- Health and dental benefits
- PTO package
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
We are an EOE