This pre-professional position supports the District's campground operation ensuring a positive and safe experience to the public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Campground tasks include permit issuance, operation of a cash register, firewood sales, explaining rules, and monitoring campground safety, and provide conflict resolution
· Provide District information to the public regarding the preserves, facility operations, recreational opportunities, rules and regulations
· Keep neat and accurate records including incident/injury reports, equipment damage reports, facility logs, time accounting, time sheets, etc.
· First responder to emergency situations
· Assist with preserve/grounds maintenance including de-littering, latrine/shower building cleaning, and upkeep of amenities
· Assist with various recreational programs including archery, boating, fishing, and special events
. Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience Required
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older at time of hire.
Hours: May 5 – October 1 (hours vary between days and overnights; days include weekends and holidays).
Related Experience: Experience in event coordination and operation of maintenance equipment.
Special training or other license, certification,etc.: CPR/1st Aid; must have a valid Driver’s License.
Skills In: Dealing effectively with the public; communicating effectively, verbally and in writing; interpreting rules and regulations; keeping neat and accurate records; knowledge of District preserves, rules, policies and safety procedures; operation of power tools and motor vehicles.
On boarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
Mandated Reporter – Abused and Neglected Child Reporting
National Sex Offender Registry Check
CPR/1st Aid Training
Applications: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety, including the Pre-Screen Questions, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County RP089 is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled