WHO WE ARE:
At Shilling Canning Company, a new Mid-Atlantic restaurant by Chef Reid Shilling, our professional management and front of house team, brings experience, skills, and dedication to match those of the kitchen. Each team member shares our belief in the power of respect.
Our service is honest, warm, professional, welcoming, friendly and detail-oriented. Our team smiles because they are happy to cook, and because the quality of our ingredients is pristine and our sourcing and execution is impeccable. There is value in everything we offer and integrity in what we recommend and how we deliver it.
At Shilling Canning Company we focus on local sourcing and careful consideration for how food is prepared, cooked, and served. All proteins are butchered in house, seafood is carefully selected from local fishermen and vendors, soups and sauces are based on the restaurant’s own stocks and artisan bread are baked fresh on-site daily.
Shilling Canning Company is seeking full-time server candidates with a great attitude, a great sense of humor and people who have energy and dependability.
Daily responsibilities for a Runner/Expeditor may include but are not limited to:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Ensures all service stations in the kitchen are stocked and ready for service.
- Removes soiled dishes from the table; brings to dishwashing area.
- Completes set up and tear down of banquet and dining events as assigned.
- Sets tables with silverware, glassware, and other items.
- Removes soiled linen, restocks work area with clean linens.
- Stocks servers’ station with supplies.
- Restocks bus station continually with ice, coffee, teas, and other supplies.
- Inform a manager and or server if guests have any issues when food is delivered
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Regular and on-time attendance is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant to include late nights, weekends and holidays.
Reasons to join our team includes:
- Flexible Hours
- Room for Advancement
- Employee Discounts
- Working for new highly anticipated restaurant and concept
Specific Job Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum 2 years of food runner experience preferred
- Must have excellent knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions
- Must be self-motivated and customer service oriented
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Open availability; must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Shilling Canning Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Shilling Canning Company is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled