The Senior Development Associate is responsible for increasing understanding, commitment, and funding for the organization through the development and implementation of an effective and clear brand strategy for broad stakeholder groups in Southeast Michigan; developing and executing donor recognition and communications strategies; and establishing mechanisms and strategies to strengthen internal communication between persons served, staff, volunteers, and the board of directors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Build awareness and financial support for the organization and cause through strategic outreach, marketing and donor relations.
- Implement internal communication strategy to inform, motivate and counsel employees, volunteers and board of directors.
- Assist in the maintenance of communications strategies for agency.
- Assist in processing gifts.
- Facilitate donor acknowledgement/recognition strategies to attract new donors and retain current donors.
- Maintain donor database, monitor and report outreach efforts, and provide necessary report documents to Director of Development and Advancement.
- Support the implementation of a culture of philanthropy.
- Attend events and activities and fosters significant pride and excitement for fundraising efforts.
- Executes special projects as assigned in line with short and long-term development plans and strategic objectives.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has zero (0) direct reports, and zero (0) indirect reports. The positions that report to this person are:
This job operates in a variety of professional and community environments including but not limited to office environments, community and partner agencies, and youth spaces. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment and job sites may be loud.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full time, permanent position. The position has flexibility in scheduling for meetings and other requirments. Some evening and weekend hours may be required to meet the duties of this position.The schedule is generally Monday through Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM.
This position requires local travel to complete errands and duties as assigned. In-state and national travel may be required up to 5% of the time. The employee must have a valid driver license approved for airline travel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma with four (4) years’ experience in non-profit fund development, and/or community engagement in a social service setting, or a Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years’ experience in non-profit fund development.
2. Extreme discretion, attention to detail, and commitment to excellence.
3. Experience with Microsoft Office, and Google Suite Software.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Five (5) years’ experience in non-profit fund development, communications, marketing or community engagement preferably in social services setting.
3. LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning) cultural and diversity competency.
4. Familiarity with the Ruth Ellis Center’s principals of work (trauma informed care, harm reduction, restorative justice, and positive youth development).
ADDITIONAL ELGIBILITY QUALIFICATION:
Certificate in Fund Raising Management or development plan within six (6) months.
WORK AUTHORIZATION / SECURITY CLEARANCE:
1. Must be able to pass a criminal background check as outlined by agency policy.
2. Have no record on the Central Registry for child abuse or neglect in the employee’s state of residency or employment.
3. Be able to produce a non-reactive tuberculosis test from within the previous twelve (12) months.
The Ruth Ellis Center is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. The agency does not discriminate based race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, disability as protected by federal, state, and local laws, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by law.
RUTH ELLIS CENTER INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled