We like to think we’re in the business of creating harmony. It’s why we fit fluffy beds into boxes and make bed frames and sofas that are as easy to assemble as they are to relax or fall asleep on. We are here to design tiny reminders that life is good. We pride ourselves in building a company and product that materially improves people’s lives, whether they’re an employee of a customer.
The Finance Manager position is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The manager also oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll and risk management.
What You’ll Do (list responsibilities)
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Manages assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing cash balances and making investments.
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Perform internal/bank/insurance audit annually/half year/quarterly
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively.
- Manage and monitor systems & cost as well a correct error
- Manage accounting GL – monthly/half year/quarterly closing
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Manage fixed asset activity
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
Snapshot of Your Impact
- By 3-month mark: Understands best practices, SOPs, month-end and year-end process, KPIs, and cost controls.
- By 6-month mark: Fully functional.
- By 12-month mark: Subject matter expert of financial processes.
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 7 or more years of experience in managing an accounting function in a medium- or large-size company.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Ability to train, supervise, and mentor others.
- Proven strong analytic / problem solving skills.
- Highly organized person and can show planning and processes to support daily work.
- Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume work environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Etc.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Work independently under minimal supervision.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Prior experience with SAP
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
Who You Are
- Strategic: you have experience turning ideas into action and able to show results
- Strong relationship builder: you know how to navigate organizational dynamics and build relationships with the right people
- Empathic: others compliment you for your high emotional intelligence and you go out of your way to ensure customers are heard
- Self-accountable: you hold yourself responsible in driving your customers’ desired business outcomes and providing a delightful customer experience
- Self-motivated: you inspire the team by taking the initiative to own your performance and contributions to the team
- Growth-oriented: you embrace coaching and are able to apply feedback immediately to improve performance and evolve personally and professionally
- Data-driven: you get excited about leveraging data to drive recommendations to customers
- Dynamic: you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are excited by change and ambiguity
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be authorized to work within the US.