Do you have a passion for food and flair in the kitchen? Are you a talented, creative chef who would like steady working hours and career growth opportunities?
We are recruiting for The Executive Chef in the South Boston, Virginia area with managerial experience who is able to take charge of the back and front of the house. If you are committed to delivering a quality dining experience, WE NEED YOU!
Berry Hill Resort
Salary Range $50,000 - $60,000 plus incentives.
Competitive Benefits Package:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance along with Short Term Disability, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Legal Services Plan, Identity Theft, Group Universal Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Auto and Home Insurance, and Pet Insurance
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
The Executive Chef is responsible for the front of house food and beverage operation of the resort, restaurant and banquet facilities. The Executive Chef / F&B Manager is directly responsible for the overall food and beverage experience at Berry Hill Resort, Darby’s, the Parlor Bar and all food and beverage events.
Essential Job Functions:
Deliver on Up to Par’s purpose.
Drive quality dining experiences at multiple Up to Par properties.
Have an ownership mentality driving the Up to Par Hospitality Brand.
Lead a culinary team that fully embrace each concepts philosophy and goals.
Fiscal management of inventory, responsible purchasing, and programming for each concept.
Maintain the physical restaurant to the highest level of cleanliness and professional organization.
- Abide by all state rules and regulations.
- Adhere to basic hygiene procedures and grooming standards.
- Attend all assigned corporate training sessions and/or meetings.
- Oversee purchase all liquor and wine for restaurant and banquets.
- Responsible for the safety and cleanliness of all food service areas.
- Responsible for all front of the house food and beverage inventories.
- Internal Sales for banquets, and events – the initial main point of contact.
- Lead productivity of the hospitality staff, and food and beverage teams.
- Attend mandatory company and/or departmental meetings and training.
- Provide input for special occasions, new events, and programs for the hotel.
- Ensure that all service standards are implemented and delivered consistently.
- Work in conjunction with kitchen staff to maintain food costs at budget levels.
- Inspect all banquet preparation and ensure it follows the Banquet Event Order.
- Oversee front of the house day-to-day operations of Rocca Bar Ristorante and Banquet Operations.
- Lead by example, demonstrating high-level culture standards, self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Hire, train, and supervise all food and beverage associates including bartenders, servers, and hostesses.
- Assist in development and solicitation of Banquet and event package plans and encourage repeat business.
- Part of Hotel Management Team and responsible for Manager on Duty shifts overseeing overall hotel operations.
- Develops menus in both content and price for all private parties and events. The General Manager will approve all menus.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events and groups. Emulates the Up to Par Culture.
- Responsible for all service training, implemented for the entire food and beverage staff.
- Develop a weekly work schedule for all food service personnel, and manage the payroll of such staff within budgeted levels.
- Work with the general manager to develop budgets and, after approval of a budget, maintain adequate controls to operate within the established budget.
- Handle and follow up on all meetings/events inquiries. Follow up on leads by qualifying the customer’s needs and dates for the event to determine if the business is a good fit for the property within 24 hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as needed or requested by the hotel General Manager.
- Follow up with clients to confirm proper delivery of services during their event.
- Maintain well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date management files.
- Participate in the department forecasting procedure, compiling accurate and timely reports.
- Helping the hotel to identify new avenues of business and bring in more banquet events to the hotel.
- Schedule appropriate interdepartmental meetings for the operational aspects of coordinating event requirements.
- Each month review the next 6 months availability to highlight high or low demand dates and take steps to minimize the risk of any shortfall or overbooking.
- Prepare a comprehensive Event Summary Report on all events. This report should be prepared within 24 hours of departure and include: actual event statistics versus projected (cover counts).
- Work with hotel Operations Team to ensure flawless execution for ALL events. This includes communication of any changes/ updates to events and any specific needs for a successful event based on the guest’s expectations.
- Document final arrangement with clients on the Banquet Event Order (BEO) sheet. Obtain all specifications and appropriate information concerning the event, including number attending, schedule of the event, menu, etc. Collect deposits as required at least 10 days before the event.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Applications.
- Ability to analyze client needs and negotiate pricing and client requests.
- Must be detailed, organized and able to focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2+ year of Food and Beverage and Hospitality Experience.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage etiquette, guest relations and service standards.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently to interact with clients. Speaking Spanish or any additional languages are a bonus.
- Inside 95% of the workday.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Frequently required to stand.
- Frequently required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Frequent evening and weekend work required as job duties demand.
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
- Temperatures can exceed 100 degrees if working at location with outside dining facilities and when assisting in the kitchen.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Passion for the business of hospitality.
- Google and Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required.
- Must use R&I – Be resourceful and take initiative in accomplishing tasks.
- Knowledge of current food and beverage and hospitality industry trends.
- Relevant experience including multiple restaurants and restaurant openings.
- Must have a passion for executing training, ensuring the profitability of the restaurant and exceptional experiences.
Iconic architecture, a thriving social scene, beautifully landscaped spaces and an array of top-notch services. The beautiful Berry Hill Resort is the place to go to, in South Boston!
Up to Par Management LLC selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests, and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value-added services, and community relationships.