Corporate Office - Dallas, TX
As a member of the executive team, the Manager of Asset & Risk must be an organized, results-driven and detail-oriented individual. In this role, you will plan and manage assets according to our organization’s mission. You must be a strategically-minded individual with strong interpersonal skills and extensive experience through the implementation of policies, procedures, and programs that ensure a well-managed, well-maintained portfolio; compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and federal, state and local laws.
The Manager of Asset & Risk is a team member who leads their core projects and fulfills their responsibilities to the entire team by actively supporting organization-wide projects. Overall, this is truly an Owner’s Rep role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Submits bid packages detailing bids and recommendation
- Coordinate with accounting financial and variance report detailing operational performance and anomalies
- Prepare annual operating budgets within the required timeframe
- Respond to lender and investor questions regarding the monthly or quarterly financial statements
- Submits monthly, quarterly and annual reports to lenders, investors, and government agencies
- Prepare pro forma budgets for new assets
- In coordination with Property Management, directs the timing and preparation of annual operating budgets. Participation in the annual budgeting process, including a detailed review of all market rents, expenses, and capital expenditures, comparisons of budget projections to pro forma and to historical property performance, comparisons to corporate debt service projections and comparisons of budget assumptions to relevant industry benchmarks.
- Ensures comprehensive understanding of asset-specific market dynamics and asset positioning; makes recommendations as needed if assumptions should be adjusted. Manages budget Q&A process with government partner.
- Responsible for quarterly and as needed pro forma updates and reviews. Provides assumption inputs and reviews for accuracy and functionality.
- Performs variance analysis of project performance against budget and pro forma. Evaluates variances and identifies and recommends solutions to emerging operating issues. Reviews leasing activity and, in cooperation with Operations, makes appropriate pricing recommendations relative to leasing waterfall, per Project Business Documents
- Reviews project matters and issues to ensure compliance with legal documents. Identifies and proposes changes when necessary. Coordinates with lenders, government partners, and counsel to amend project documents, as necessary, with review and approval.
- In coordination with Property Management, responsible for drafting Annual Business Plans for a portfolio of projects. Ensures business plans detail asset-specific strategies and that the business plans are appropriately aligned with project operating and capital budgets from both a short- and long-term perspective
- Reviews and monitors project financial reports and cash activity, including receipts of revenues and disbursements to ensure the activity is aligned with project legal documents and financial and strategic plans. Monitoring cash waterfall activity, including disbursements for expenses, fees, and Owner distributions
- Approve expenditures that exceed Regional Manager authority ensuring property operates within Owner-approved budget
- Work with accounting and compliance after partnership close to gather documents for capital requests, designation plan, and pro forma
- Work with energy consultants to lock in favorable energy rates
- Prepares, submits and tracks replacement reserve requests
- Consistently provide accurate, timely, and reliable information to internal and external customers
- Assists in resolving ownership issues by providing analysis and supporting documentation.
- Assists with resolving issues with government partners by providing analysis and supporting documentation. Attends required site assessments as well as those requested by government partner.
- In coordination with Property Management, prepares annual budgets for both short- and long-term capital and recapitalization/reinvestment expenditures that are required to maintain the project in good condition and repair.
- Manages oversight and supervision of project capital programs. Manages interactions with government partners regarding a project’s capital plan/program.
- Works with Operations to conduct utility analyses related to consumption, rates, and billing, etc. Identifies opportunities to reduce utility/energy expenses. Directs site-specific energy initiatives in coordination with Operations.
- Assists with dispositions of excess land by providing analysis including a view of the local market and sales prices, repairs or capital expenditures that may be necessary, and assistance in the delivery of due diligence materials.
- Assists with administration of mortgage loans, including preparing loan packages for submittal to lenders, analyzing mortgage loan market and available interest rates, loan terms and structures, and assisting in obtaining/delivering submittals required by lenders as a condition to loan closing.
- Gather required documents necessary to assist with partnership and permanent loan closings
- Responsible for ad hoc financial analysis for the project, including analysis for follow-on phases and new projects. Assists in the closing of these projects by reviewing financial documents and closing financial models. Runs “what-if” and sensitivity scenarios as required by internal/external stakeholders
- Participates in project restructure negotiations; directs restructure financial modeling efforts by providing model assumptions/inputs and reviews models for accuracy and functionality.
- Evaluates sources and uses for capital programs.
- Reviews the appropriateness of property taxes, personal property taxes, improvement assessments, and other impositions applicable to the project and advises the Owner on how to best address increases in these expenses.
- Participates in tax appeals and challenges, in conjunction with counsel and property tax consultants. Supplies relevant property information and assists with target value calculations
- Reviews the adequacy and sufficiency of all forms of insurance required by law
- Participates in the management of losses and associated claims – provides notice to stakeholders, monitors the receipt and use of proceeds, identifies alternative funding sources, as necessary.
- Assists the Owner with acquisitions by providing analysis including the local market, operating expenses, rental income, occupancy, and lease-up; assists the owner with thorough due diligence and acquisition stages as requested
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Uphold all company policies, goals, and core values.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years development and property management industry experience
- 5+ years” experience with Yardi or Yardi Voyager, Tax Credit and affordable/market site experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and Google Suite
A Not For Profit Affordable Housing Corporation
ATLANTIC HOUSING is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled