Front Desk Receptionist (Bilingual-Spanish/English)
SUMMARY: Responsible for receiving and handling incoming patients, schedules appointments, maintains patient flow in waiting area, and cashiering. Receives callers to determine nature of business, and directs callers to destination or takes messages. Assist front desk and medical staff by interpreting relevant information between Spanish speaking patients and the staff to ensure all patients are given excellent customer care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide interpretation/translation services to English and Spanish speaking patients.
2. Assess and monitor patients’ and staff’ understanding of information being received and conveyed.
3. Maintains proper flow of patients.
4. Maintains appointment system for medical and other agency services.
5. Obtains caller’s name and directs caller to destination.
6. Obtains appropriate client information as assigned, including insurance card, ID, co-pays, etc.
7. Verify patient’s insurance prior to patient’s scheduled appointment or prior to being treated by physician, for walk-in patients.
8. Updates written patient sign in log as the patients check in. Patient sign in logs must reflect the patient’s name and the amount of and type of revenue collected.
9. Collects patient revenue and post patient charges in to the Practice Management System.
10. Makes future appointments and answer inquiries.
11. Balances daily revenue receipts and prints required reports.
12. Collects and distributes mail and messages
13. Type memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.