Front Desk Agent
Looking for a "hands-on" role in a fast-paced environment? Are you interested in working for a great company? Then you may be a terrific fit for our Front Desk Agent position.
We are seeking a professional positive and enthusiastic individual for the position of full time or part-time Front Desk Agent at the Robert E. Lee Hotel. This person will work with other high-quality professionals and will be primarily responsible for assisting and facilitating reservations and providing exceptional guest service.
Front Desk Agent
Robert E. Lee Hotel
- Monitor guest accounts and post charges
- Register guests and assign them a guest room
- Compute bills and collect payments from guests
- Make and confirm reservations over the phone and online
- Answer the phone and operate the telephone switchboard
- Maintain responsibility for safekeeping and issuance of keys
- Be informed of all events taking place at the hotel on a daily basis
- Greet and welcome all guests in a professional and hospitable manner
- Review accounts and charges with guests during the checkout process
- Issue room keys and help guests transport their luggage to their rooms
- Attend mandatory company and/or departmental meetings and training
- Receive and expedite all guest messages, faxes, packages, and mail received
- Keep in contact with housekeeping to keep accurate records of room status
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when a guest reports a problem
- Maintain working knowledge of all rates, packages, and booking restrictions
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for their bill
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts using the specified POS
- Professionally handle guest complaints and solve problems as swiftly as possible
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the hotel property management system
- Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary
- Handle all lost and found inquiries efficiently and professionally, following proper guidelines
- Maintain full knowledge of all parking options and charges, always offering luggage assistance
- Provide effective service by Interacting with guests in a respectful, cheerful, and polite manner
- Maintain the lobby and sitting area including ensuring the coffee, other beverages and snacks are replenished
- Make special deliveries to guest rooms with gift baskets, champagne, and other special ordered food and beverage items
- Know all safety and emergency procedures, including handling of emergency phone calls and what to do in an emergency situation
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and directions to area shopping, dining, entertainment, and attractions
- Keep a log of all maintenance problems and inform housekeeping and maintenance staff of said problems
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to work on a computer
- Ability to stand for eight hours
- Must be able to work Sundays
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Must have intermediate computer skills
- Ability to bend frequently during a shift
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Practice and observe all safety procedures
- Ability to maintain room inventory on POS
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to processes credit card transactions on a credit card terminal
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Ability to answer phones and transfer calls using the main telephone switchboard
Our full-time associates can enjoy access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurance, as well as paid time off.
All associates have access to the following voluntary benefits at discounted rates:
- Pet Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Group Universal Life Insurance
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
About the company
Iconic architecture, a thriving social scene, beautifully landscaped spaces and an array of top-notch services. Up to Par Management LLC selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests, and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value-added services, and community relationships.
Up to Par exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.
Please note the job responsibilities listed are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.