A full-time overnight position providing direct residential support service to consumers in community residences.
FT Overnight / 10hr Shifts (Split locations)
(Dover)Thursday, Friday, Saturday: 11pm-9am
(Chester) Sunday: 11pm-9am
- Provides on-site consumer supervision.
- Facilitates ADL skill training and assistance.
- Assists with medication monitoring and education.
- Can provide supportive counseling and crisis intervention.
- Supervises and assists consumers in housekeeping maintenance, and upkeep of the residence.
- Provides transportation in a company vehicle, as required.
- Documents service delivery and maintains accurate and timely clinical documentation.
- Attends In-Service presentations/staff meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Totals personal care logs, checks for accuracy in logs, ensures all signatures and initials are present.
- Provides and documents personal care services as appropriate and necessary.
- Completes household chores including, but not limited to; food preparation, cooking, household cleaning and minor maintenance as needed.
- Provides safety checks eg: locks on doors and windows, adequate outside lighting.
- Calls in every hour during the overnight shift to the Residence Managers voice mail system.
- Conducts regular checks to ensure the safety and whereabouts of all consumers in the residence.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Residence Manager, Clinical Supervisor, and/or the Director of Clinical Services.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in Mental Health or a related discipline; or Licensed R.N.; or two years of college plus two years of related work or life experience, or licensed as a Practical Nurse (LPN) plus two years of related mental health experience; or a High School diploma and four years of related mental health experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.
Community Hope, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled