Job Title: Electrical Engineering Technician
Reporting to: Manager, Electrical Design
The Electrical Engineering Technician will play a
key role in Photon Control’s Rapid Prototyping & Engineering Services team
to help with requests to manufacture, build and test parts and assemblies for
the Engineering, R&D and Product Management departments.
- Rapidly deploy high tech electrical prototypes,
jigs and fixtures to help support product & technology development both
within Engineering and R&D
- Perform basic inspection of components and conduct
electrical tests to validate product performance and reliability against
- Manage material, consumable and tooling
inventories to ensure readiness and rapid turnaround time of job requests
- Electrical lab maintenance and optimization –
ensure equipment and work areas are clean and organized.
- Perform preventative
maintenance and calibration on equipment. Grow and add capabilities and
capacity as needed.
- Conduct trouble shooting exercises including root
cause analysis and repair works
- Give feedback to design engineers on design for
manufacture, failure modes and effects analysis and cost reduction
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Electronic Engineering Bachelor’s Degree with 5-8
years of Electrical / Electronic Technician / Engineer experience
- A “can do attitude is a must. Able to effectively
prioritize, adapt to a changing work environment, competing demands and able to
positively deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Soldering, PCBA reworks - hands on skills and
manual dexterity are a must.
- Strong ability to follow electrical schematics,
mechanical drawings and manufacturing instructions preferably within Altium and
- High degree of proficiency using Lab test
equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators, environmental
- Experience building, troubleshooting, diagnosing,
repairing, testing, analyzing the performance and programming of electrical /
electronic assemblies and systems
- Ability to perform performance and reliability
testing based on custom test plans
- IPC (IPC J-STD-001) certification an asset
- PCBA design and SW/FW design an asset.
- Accurate and highly analytical; flexible and
adaptable in learning & understanding new technologies.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, able to work
independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
This position comes with an excellent compensation
and benefits package. Please note that only those selected for an interview
will be contacted. Photon Control Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to fostering a diverse, representative, and inclusive work
environment where all employees are treated equally. Thank you for your
interest in a career with us.