Located across from the Kelowna International Airport, the Hampton Inn & Suites is currently accepting applications for part-time and full-time Public Area Attendants . The Hampton Inn & Suites – Kelowna Airport is a brand-new hotel, scheduled to open December 2019! This position is expected to start on or around December 2nd, 2019.
The Public Area Attendant is responsible for maintaining and ensuring exceptional cleanliness of all public areas at the Four Points by Sheraton – Kelowna Airport.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the overall look and appearance of the public areas of the hotel; clean hallways, lobbies, lounge, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, meeting rooms, laundry room, pool area, offices and other work areas
- Vacuum rugs, furniture and/or draperies using vacuum cleaners and/or steamers
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and transport other trash and recyclables to disposal areas
- Dust and polish furniture in main areas
- Polish silver accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings
- Wash windows, walls, ceiling and woodwork as necessary
- Maintain parking lots (sweep, rake leaves, remove garbage, empty ashtray)
- Remove any garbage, recyclables and empty beverage containers from laundry room
- Respond to guest requests or from other departments as required
- Identify and report preventative and other maintenance issues in public areas
- Other duties as required.
- Previous housekeeping or maintenance experience is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs and handle repetitive movements, such as: pulling, pushing, lifting and bending up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without restriction.