Campus Store Manager Wright State University
eCampus.com is currently seeking a Campus Store Manager for The Landings at Wright State located at Wright State University in Dayton, OH. Wright State University, a Carnegie-classified research university, serves over 11,000 students across two campus locations. eCampus.com is a leading bookstore management company for over 300 academic institutions and is the managing partner for campus store retail operations on the university’s campus. The Campus Store Manager will offer superior customer service and will support all store management and operations.
This position oversees all facets of campus store operations including hiring, training, developing and supervising all store staff; maintaining merchandising standards; establishing key relationships on campus and maintaining them; delivering a high level of customer service; and other necessary store activities as needed.
This position encompasses responsibilities related to retail sales, communication, operations, human resources, merchandising and exceptional customer service. Detailed responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Leadership and Staff Development
- Recruit all staff, including temporary, student and full-time employees
- Train and develop cross-functional team members with the ability to execute daily store operations as well as key store initiates to drive results
- Act as a role model in customer interactions and service level
- Conduct regular team meetings and training sessions to promote the team atmosphere
- Make staffing decisions based on sales and labor budget provided and communicate with eCampus personnel on key events that may require additional staffing outside the parameters set.
- Manage the efficient process of merchandise receipt, processing, placement and replenishment.
- Maintain high standards of a clean and neat sales floor, cash wrap, and fitting rooms
- Coordinate store sets and assist with promotional event planning
- Oversee key event execution including package pick up, graduation, athletic events
Operations and Performance
- Maintain a consistent presence on the sales floor
· Establish, enhance, and maintain a positive, responsive relationship with the campus community, particularly campus administration, athletics departments, faculty, and staff. Seek out new ways to partner with campus regarding remote selling opportunities, maintaining eCampus’s campus presence, and resolving complex issues on an as needed basis
- Create a customer-centric experience and encourage all staff to do the same, providing the highest level of customer service within the store.
- Ensure that inventory levels are correct and work to control shrink through various loss prevention strategies
- Strive to achieve daily, monthly, and annual sales goals
- Sustain adequate payroll expense and review P&L statements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 3 year retail management experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to work a schedule based upon the business needs – including some nights, Saturdays and special events
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Capability to work well within a team and in a fast-paced environment
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Full-time, normal office and retail environment
- Sitting, standing, bending and lifting
- Operation of standard business equipment
- Follow proper safety standards
eCampus.com offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, Group Life/AD&D, long-term disability, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
The Wright State Bookstore is your one-stop-shop for licensed apparel, gifts, and serves as a textbook pickup location for the University’s Official Online Bookstore. Visit us at http://wright.ecampus.com.
eCampus.com is a premier online retailer of textbooks and digital course materials. Consistently exceeding industry standards, eCampus.com’s mission is to provide the easiest, fastest, and most affordable way for K-12 and higher education students to buy, rent, or sell textbooks and digital content. The company launched on July 2, 1999, the birthday of original investor Dave Thomas of Wendy’s. From the beginning, their driving force has been meeting the needs of the customers they serve. Remaining an innovative leader in the course materials industry, eCampus.com serves over 300 colleges and universities through an innovative course material solutions suite, including Campus Stores, Online Bookstores and eCampus.com ALL Access. eCampus.com's mission enables institutions to increase course material affordability, serving millions of students to date. Through products that simplify the adoption, management and procurement of course materials, eCampus.com propels student success by delivering the right course materials, at the right time, at the right price. Learn more at http://ecampushighered.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance