The Delivery Driver will work as a part of a team to pack out and deliver meals each day to sites across New Orleans. This position will assist with additional responsibilities including equipment maintenance, facility maintenance, and food production/pack-out. The Delivery Driver is a critical member of the Fresh Food Factor team and he/she will interact with school sites on a daily basis, serving customers and representing the company throughout the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assembly, packing, and delivery of meals to sites across New Orleans.
- Excellent customer service, serving customers in a professional, helpful and thoughtful manner.
- Proper placement and care of meals when distributed to sites, including ensuring appropriate temperature levels for all food.
- Delivery equipment maintenance and cleaning.
- On-time receiving, transferring, and organizing food supplies when delivered to the kitchen facility.
- Light facility maintenance.
- Assisting cooks with various production needs.
- Manages all invoices, and packing slips – records if items not delivered and ensures office receives all invoices, school paperwork and packing slips promptly.
- Follows all company policy and procedures as outlined in the Employee handbook.
- Experienced and dependable driver (catering/food delivery experience preferred).
- Familiarity with New Orleans driving conditions.
- Clean driving record and ability to safely maneuver and operate Cargo Van
- Attention to detail, especially with regards to counting accurately and organizing deliveries/equipment.
- Able to physically perform requirements of the job, including the ability to safely lift up to 60 lbs and safely operated wheeled carts and dollies.
- Works well with others and participates as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and maintain good relations with customers.
- Takes pride in maintaining a clean, orderly environment and delivering a high-quality product.
- High level of energy and desire to be part of an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and hands-on environment.
- Applicant must at least 21 years of age and be able to read, write and be highly conversant in English.
- Ensure that the Lead Cook or Assistant Director is informed of daily operational issues
All applicants must pass background, reference, and drug screens, and present a current MVR printout.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a Serve-Safe certificate
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- The employee may be required to perform work while sitting, standing, bending and walking.
- Ability to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
Travel to other locations as appropriate in the performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Current driver’s license issued by the state of residence
- Current Vehicle Inspection decal
- Current vehicle insurance
- Current vehicle registration in the state of residence
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report
Volunteers of America Southeast Louisiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V/H
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled