POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for performing skilled level plumbing work in installation, alteration, maintenance, and repair of plumbing systems, equipment, and fixtures in accordance with standards practiced of the plumbing trade.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/SKILLS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Install, repair, and maintain pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, and fixtures in commercial structures.
- Collaborate with general contractors, electricians, and other construction professionals.
- Follow building plans and blueprints.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve plumbing emergencies.
- Perform routine inspections of plumbing and drainage systems.
- Light construction, carpentry, painting, plastering, flooring, and ceiling work as required.
- Prepare bids, budgets, and cost estimates.
- Keep accurate records of time spent working, description of work performed, and materials used.
- Meet proper department uniform appearance and grooming standards.
EDUCATION/WORKING KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools used in the plumbing trade
- Knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and safety practices
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and rough drawings
- Familiarity with PVC, CPVC, PEX, cast iron, and copper
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete projects unsupervised and unassisted
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and conversation of measurements
IN ADDITION TO THE AFOREMENTIONED ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, THE COMMERCIAL SERVICE AND REPAIR PLUMBER WILL BE EVALUATED ON THE FOLLOWING LEADERSHIP QUALITIES:
- Working relationships
- Quality of work
- Job skills knowledge
- Adherence to Policy
- Written communication
- Verbal communication
DISCLAIMER: This job description is a summary of duties, which you as Commercial Service and Repair Plumber are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list but is merely a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee, you should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. At the request of upper management, any employee may be asked and expected to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.