Responsible for preparing loan packages based on receipt of loan worksheets and commitment letters from commercial bankers and retail bankers. Preparation includes accurately completing loan documentation, ordering and reviewing title work, verifying insurance coverage, ordering and/or completing additional external documents (e.g., flood, appraisal, Census Tract, Secretary of State, etc). Also coordinates with loan closing attorneys to ensure timely delivery of loan package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Order, review and approve title work for real estate loans and notify commercial banker or retail banker of any problems and issues related to title exceptions, property liens and encroachments, judgments, rollback, and unpaid taxes, etc.
- Order, review and approve all outside appraisal requests received from commercial bankers, retail bankers, and branch paralenders. Stay abreast of regulatory and compliance issues that impact the appraisal process, specifically Uniform Standards Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
- Review and approve all in-house evaluations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in analyzing and interpreting loan requests and documents of varying degrees of complexity. Consumer and commercial loan requests include real estate and/or other collateral, collateral substitutions, new loans, loan modifications, and renewals with increases.
- Interpret and apply Bank policies such as loan-to-value ratio, appraisal criteria, etc to loans.
- Exhibit a working knowledge of general lending policies and practices.
- Prepare system-generated loan documents accurately based on information supplied by commercial bankers (e.g. loan worksheet, commitment letter, loan report, etc.) and, with regard to real estate loans, information received from closing attorneys, tax assessors, etc..
- Identify insurance policies accurately (e.g., hazard, collision, builders risk, workers comp, general liability, flood, etc.) and review policies to confirm adequate coverage for the loan.
- Prepare and send wires and various Bank tickets to accompany loan packages to attorneys.
- Complete Documentation Checklist indicating received items and items that are pending, missing, incomplete and/or questionable. Includes reviewing and verifying executed loan documents received from closing attorneys.
- Liaison with closing attorneys to deliver total loan package to be used at loan closing.
- Partner with commercial bankers, retail bankers and banking office paralenders to ensure that loan process is smooth and to resolve documentation and timing issues as necessary.
- Maintain customer service focus on internal and external customers to encourage positive business relationships.
- Stay abreast of regulatory and compliance issues that impact credit decisions and loan documentation including Fair Lending, HMDA, Credit Life, and Wolters Kluwer Financial Services resources. Follow bank policies and procedures, security guidelines, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of all Bank loan products and services.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5 years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain professional focus.
- Ability to compute basic to moderately complex math calculations.
- Proven problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills. Ability to interpret a variety of information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Exhibit attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in using personal computers and office products (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrate willingness and desire to interact in a team environment.