Supervise front desk operations in accordance with established guest service, quality, and sustainability standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards.
- Resolve guest complaints and concerns by conducting thorough research on the situation and determining the most effective solutions.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Oversee front office operations in the absence of the Front Office Manager or Assistant General Manager.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Greet guests immediately upon arrival; register and assign guests to hotel rooms.
- Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Compute bills, collect payments, handle cash, and make change for guests.
- Closeout guest accounts at the time of check out. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate a compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Ensure hotel entrance, reception, and other public areas are properly maintained in regards to cleanliness and appearance.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on all shifts, holidays and weekends.
Requires standing for extended periods, walking,