Job Title: Content Developer
Reports to: Director of Content
Messenger International is a ministry with a divine calling to develop uncompromising followers of Christ who transform our world and therefore, this position will be filled by a candidate who 1) embodies the core beliefs of our organization with respect to God, The Bible, and God’s function in our everyday life and 2) champions our fundamental commitment as an organization to spread the gospel to the world.
Responsible for advancing Messenger International’s vision by passionately writing and producing various types of short to medium form content in the various voices represented by Messenger International.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Writes resource guides for courses/studies and other supplemental content as needed
· Writes various types of copy for email, including persuasive, devotional, informational, and more
· Helps develop language guides for new initiatives
· Writes copy for various websites and landing pages
· Curates and writes blog posts and articles in different voices
· Writes social media copy as needed
· Helps creatively tell the story of Messenger International and the impact the organization is having around the world
· Writes articles for external magazines, blogs, and other publications
· Other duties, as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in English, communication, marketing, or related field preferred
· At least one to three years of experience in creating strong, engaging experience is required
· A well-developed writing ability and extensive writing experience
· The ability to adapt writing style to fit different voices
· The ability to write different forms of copy, including devotional content, advertising copy, email content, resource guides, and more
· A mastery of grammar
· A solid baseline understanding of John and Lisa Bevere’s resources
· Passes a background check
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Signed acknowledgement of Messenger’s “Statement of Faith” and “Staff Covenant/Lifestyle Agreement” forms.
· Signed acknowledgement to policies and procedures as stated in our employee handbook.
· Has the ability to function independently. Possess the ability to speak. Has the physical ability to be able to lift up to 25 pounds (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of standing up and walking.
Colorado Springs, Colorado or Nashville, Tennessee area. MUST BE A U.S CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION.
Full-time, 40-hour work week with the potential for occasional overtime. This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime pay.
This is an experienced admin position with a salary range of $50,000 to $60,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
· Health, Dental, AD&D & Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Maternity/Paternity leave benefits after 3-year tenure
· Messenger will pay for renewal of certifications and required continued education