SSVF - Housing Search Specialist
Do you want to work in a friendly, professional and supportive organization? Do you have a desire to serve those who bravely served our country? If so, COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
4 WEEKS Paid-Time Off!, Birthday Holiday PLUS MORE!
*To ensure the safety of people we serve and our workforce, we require employee’s proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Unvaccinated employees must participate in COVID-19 testing at minimum one to two times per week in accordance with State and Federal regulations
Catchment Area - Mercer, Monmouth, Middlesex, Ocean and Burlington counties
A full-time position responsible for assisting veterans and their families with finding affordable, safe, and stable permanent housing in the community within the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program. Flexible hours, including evenings and weekends and an ability to travel within the service delivery areas, are required.
- Conducts apartment searches and housing inspections for applicants.
- Meets with participants in community settings such as shelters, jails, hospitals, and private residences.
- Documents service delivery and maintains accurate, timely, and detailed records.
- Provides advocacy, linkage, and referrals for permanent housing.
- Acts as a mediator between veteran/family and landlords, realtors, real estate brokers, housing authority personnel, and any other housing professionals.
- Tracks referral, intake and enrollment activities in the electronic health record.
- Transports veterans in agency vehicles in a safe, cautious and responsible manner.
- Attends and organizes outreach events in the community.
- Functions as a team member by communicating all relevant information to other team members and covering co-workers’ duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field.
- One year housing services experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact