Calcium is looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as Sr. Product Designer. In this role, you will be responsible for creating, managing and executing the customer experience strategy of the organization. Reporting to the Director, Product, you will be instrumental to the success of our team in bringing a new patient experience to the US healthcare system.
Calcium believes a healthier world starts with healthier decisions. From its founding in 2018, Calcium has been focused on providing individuals with access to meaningful health data right at their fingertips, by employing easy, fun-to-use tools and personalized guidance that make healthier decisions easier. For consumers, this is a cross-system platform and is agnostic to where you live or receive care (so much more than your standard provider app). The company is purpose-built to improve health outcomes and patient satisfaction with an intuitive platform that provides real-time insights and trend analyses to give a more complete picture of an individual’s health. Calcium is dedicated to helping individuals “think healthier.” To learn more about Calcium, visit www.calciumhealth.com.
About our employees
We hire people who are hungry, humble, and smart. Hungry meaning that you are a biased-to-action, willing to jump in, passionate, multi-skilled and cross-functional team member. Humble meaning letting go of ego, committing to the team and an eagerness to get feedback and learn. And smart meaning not only technically skilled but also EQ - the ability to work with a team, handle conflict, actively listen, mentor others, and have a sense of curiosity and compassion.
About Product Development at Calcium
We use Professional Scrum to deliver products. More than just the common agile practices and mechanics, we live out the agile values. We truly believe that given the right environment – one of self-organization, transparency, craftsmanship – that people will love working here and together we will build the best possible products.
What You Will Do:
· Advises and makes actionable recommendations to executive management and business groups on strategic “voice of the customer” topics to develop a world class user experience
· Oversees the analysis and research around the customer experience, ensuring the implementation of research results to reduce user pain points
· Design and iterate through complex problems from beginning to end, conduct and translate research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features
· Lead the vision on product design, thought leadership on UX and design best practices
· Work closely with Product Managers to plan upcoming sprints around workload and capacity of team
· Communicate closely with product team and stakeholders to ensure UX priorities are in line with sales goals
· Craft workflows, detailed interactions and prototypes
· Partner with development leads to promote efficient, collaborative processes and expectations between teams
· Iterate based on feedback from product team members, developers and stakeholders (internal teams, leadership, partners, etc)
· Help expand and refine the Calcium design system and pattern library
· Guide the design process through completion, working with other designers, product managers and developers to ensure successful implementation
· Create a cohesive user experience throughout the product(s)
· Conduct user research through various forms of testing (i.e., generative, formative, usability) and be able to quickly articulate the findings and how they inform your design decisions
· Represent the needs and viewpoint of the user
· Collaborate with and help mentor mid-level and junior designers in best practices and work improvement
A Bit About You:
· Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, Psychology or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
· 5 to 8 years of experience in leading cross-functional design-oriented teams
· Ability to communicate strategy to stakeholders through influence and presence with leadership, designers, and product managers
· Experience delivering clear insights, problem solving, and simple solutions
· Demonstrated proficiency in strategic problem solving
· Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and Figma (or similar)
· Experience within the SaaS field preferred
· Familiarity with front-end development practices
· Proven ability to thrive in a team environment and effectively communicate with key stakeholders across the business
· Experience working in an Agile development environment
· Experience executing design from initial research through UI and implementation
· Excellent communication of ideas, designs and thought process
· A self-starter who can collaborate effectively with product managers and engineers to problem solve the front-end experience, while considering backend development dependencies
Position does not require that you live in Illinois. We are looking nationwide for candidates.
This is a full-time position with an excellent comp package including salary, incentives, paid-for benefits, flexibility, and potential for huge growth only. We are unable to sponsor visa candidates at this time.