Valley Dairy has always represented quality and value from our premium ice cream to our family of Valley Dairy Restaurants and we welcome like-minded individuals to come and join our team!
Shift Supervisor Job Description
Shift Supervisors are responsible for coaching Team Members throughout their shift to execute Valley Dairy's operational game plan to deliver a great guest experience. Assist the General Manager with the daily operations.
- Assist GM in making a profit based on the budget guidelines of food cost, labor cost, and supply cost.
- Assist GM in controlling costs on a daily basis utilizing the manager tools referenced in the operations manual.
- Record and complete same day sales reports.
- Monitor food production for accuracy and quantity.
- Monitor shift labor hours based on budget.
- Utilize the clipboard management procedures to provide a healthy, safe and productive environment.
- Use progressive discipline and documentation procedures as outlined in the manual
- Control cash, bank deposits and follow deposit guidelines.
- Maintain backdoor and office door security.
- Monitor floor service by performing table visits and reviewing check times.
- Report to the GM any and all issues affecting your business on a daily or weekly basis.
- The manager must use the tools provided in the operations manual (see manager tools in section 1).
- Assist GM in maintaining the condition of equipment by following extra cleanup work charts and teaching employees to handle equipment properly. Maintain repair logs and coordinate with the maintenance technician
These duties and responsibilities are intended to give the Shift Supervisor a clear direction and purpose and may be adjusted by company memo throughout the year.