Parkwest Apartment Homes is looking for a skilled and motivated full-time painter and drywall finisher for a fast-paced multi-family community in Hattiesburg, MS.
- Preparation of the apartments for painting, including but not limited to, drywall repair, sanding, and taping
- Painting of apartment units as we prepare vacant units for new occupancy.
- You may be asked to assist the maintenance team with additional basic building maintenance (inside and outside) tasks.
- Perform interior painting using rollers, brushes or spray and works on ladders
- Prepares surfaces for painting by removing old paint or other surface covering by scraping, burning, sandpapering and/or dissolving and washing
- Erects scaffolding and staging as necessary; transports materials, equipment, and supplies to work area
- Performs other related tasks as assigned
- Daily Prep/Cleaning
We prefer this person to have on-the-job Residential Painting experience. Frequent walking, standing, climbing, bending, lifting, and carrying up to 50 pounds are also required, with or without accommodation.
- Strong customer service skills along with being trustworthy, able to work with vendors, maintain inventory, and meet deadlines
- Position requires some on-call responsibilities along with occasional overtime and assistance at other sites as needed.
- Ability to positively interact with a wide range of people
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Possess your own small hand tools
What you will get:
- Hourly pay with monthly bonus opportunities
- Onsite training and career growth
- Paid time off includes holidays, vacation time and sick time. You will also receive 2 personal days after 1 full year with Heritage Properties.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance options
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely on the basis of job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
The information in your resume and application, including employment history, educational history, and references, are subject to verification.