We are searching for an individual who is driven to take on the task of advancing the development of assays and who is looking for the opportunity to grow with a team that is advancing high-throughput molecular techniques and projects. We believe in achieving new capabilities through cutting-edge science in a challenging and collaborative environment.
- Laboratory support of molecular diagnostic assay development
- Independent execution of experimental designs, protocols, plans, and procedures
- May contribute to technical documentation including protocols and reports
- Works as a member of the project team to bring novel molecular assays through feasibility, verification/validation, FDA approval, and commercialization
- Follows project timelines and manages time to ensure assigned deliverables are met
Minimum Job and Qualification Requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree in Genetics, Pharmacology, Molecular, and Cellular Biology or related field
Experience: Entry level
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of (position requirements at entry):
- Basic molecular assay techniques, such as gene expression assays, array-based assays, cloning or PCR based assays, including oligonucleotide probe design and use of BLAST, and sequencing.
- Basic understanding of scientific design and methods
- Laboratory instrumentation such as multi-channel pipettes, plate-based assays and automated laboratory instruments (pipettors, liquid handlers, etc.)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements such as FDA, GMP, GLP, IND, CLIA desired
Skills and Abilities in (position requirements at entry):
- Ability to contribute novel ideas to solve problems
- Ability to independently carry out objectives
- Ability to make detailed experimental observations, review and analyze data, and interpret experimental results
- Communicates effectively and works collaboratively within the department and project teams
- Can change gears effectively to respond to changing project priorities or unexpected situations
- Uses sound judgment and thinks through the impacts of situations
Physical Requirements/Environment: Weekend and evening work may be required in order to meet deadlines. Work is indoors in a seasonally heated and air-conditioned environment. The position is sedentary and requires pipetting, typing, and the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Occasional travel is required.
Note: This job description describes only the key areas of responsibilities and will vary depending on the business needs of the Company.
HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled