Makes and services a variety of commercial and consumer banking relationships and provides other customer services as may be required. Operates with limited credit authority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Attending to the needs of present and potential customers seeking a banking relationship that may involve unsecured funds and/or credit secured by mortgages or other banking products.
a.) interviews applicants to develop information concerning their business or consumer needs, desires, abilities
and earnings to determine the viability of the relationship.
b.) obtains and directs the analysis of all financial data.
c.) conducts credit checks and makes on-site visits.
d.) takes the banking relationship through the credit process, deposit process, and ancillary bank products
• Responsible for the growth of individual loan portfolios and achieving loan production goals, deposit goals, and referral goals.
• Following current loans to ensure complete conformity with terms and cognizance of developing trends.
• Responsible for cross-selling activities including Deposit products, cash management referrals and referring business to any other internal partners.
• Performs required outside calling activity.
• Providing customers with routine platform services, such as approving checks for cashing or handling customer problems.
• Record call activity in the Bank’s CRM program.
• Represent First Guaranty Bank in the community.
• Comply and adhere to the Bank’s credit policy.
• Comply with Bank’s established appraisal Review functions and validity checks.
• Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank policies.
• Work with Customers to correct/clear loan exceptions as needed.
• Comply with applicable customer call programs for both customers and prospects.
• Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
• 3 years of lending experience.
• Formal credit training preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent, College Degree preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled