This position assists District staff and volunteers in the coordination and execution of events, ensuring a positive and safe experience for the public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in overseeing functions and activities related to events and programs.
- Set up for events and programs, register and/or check-in visitors or volunteers, and clean up after events and programs.
- Inspect event areas to ensure they are clean and safe for use.
- Communicate with the customer/public to ensure satisfaction of their facility event experience.
- Document event details for inclusion in various reports and to aid in the development of facility programs.
- Provide additional services to facilitate successful events/facility operations including driving tractor and other vehicles, and maintenance.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience Required
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older at time of hire.
Hours: July - November (Hours/days vary and will include weekends and holidays).
Related Experience: Experience in event coordination or planning.
Special training or other licenses, certification, etc.: CPR/1st Aid; must have a valid Driver's License.
Skills In: Dealing effectively with the public; communicating effectively, verbally and in writing; interpreting rules and regulations; and keeping neat and accurate records.
Onboarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver's License Check
Mandated Reporter - Abused and Neglected Child Reporting
National Sex Offender Registry Check
CPR/1st Aid Training
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety, including the Pre-Screen Questions, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County RP089 is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled