Job Code 002 Job Title Lead Line Cook
Department Food and Beverage - BOH Reports to Executive Chef
Purpose; We are here to positively impact others!
Service Promise: From our Family to yours, we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way.
Role: Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe sanitary work environment. Responsible for helping achieve ongoing guest satisfaction and team goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embraces ECHO Teamwork values
- Practices Lean Management principles as an integral part of the operation.
- Assist in the development and implementation of creative menu items
- Monitor food production and quality and consistency on a daily basis ensuring financial performance and control
- Ensure proper food Handling and storing practices are being met
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment is met.
- Assist in the organization and facilitation departmental meetings, training and goals setting
- Lead the daily preparation and production
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Report to work for scheduled shift on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy.
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
- Quality assurance of recipe execution and menu items and coach line staff on opportunities for improvement
- Proven working experience (minimum 3 years)
- Excellent record of kitchen management
- Communication and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS, Excel)
- Degree in Culinary science or related certificate preferred
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Frequent evening and weekend work required
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently work in high, precarious places
- Frequently work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Frequently exposure to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Occasionally exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
- Occasionally loud noise
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the Company
Up To Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up To Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.
Up To Par exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.