Utility Operator is a member of the packaging team and is responsible for
supporting packaging equipment operations on the packaging line. This position will rotate shifts between
mornings, afternoons and nights. Changes
in volume and production requirements can results in changes in work schedule
and additional overtime. The Utility
Operator must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends.
Essential Duties and
but are not limited to:
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures to
ensure a safe working environment
- Perform various sanitation and clean up duties in and
around the packaging line, pasteurizer and labeler
- Assists operators during bottlenecks or when production
lines are shut down
- Participate in start-up, change over and shut down of
- Relief for vacation, lunch and breaks
- Responsible for operating a forklift to move dry
materials and finished product to appropriate storage areas
- Rotate through different job tasks
- Be responsible for executing all required HACCP
processes and documentation
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in
order to increase performance
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
Supervision of Others
This position does not require any
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must know how to read and write.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety policies and
- Attention to details, ability to recognize when there
is a problem.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled