Summary of Position:
As Counter Attendant, the primary responsibility will be to welcome and warmly greet guests upon arrival, answer questions regarding food, beverage and mercantile items, take guest orders and ensure guests have everything they need (utensils, napkins, water, etc.) as they wait for their order. The ideal candidate will enhance the mission of Neuman Hotel Group to provide personalized service and genuine hospitality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands completely and conforms to all policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and training programs for Neuman Hotel Group.
- Warmly and graciously greets all guests upon arrival.
- Ensures the completion of the opening and/or closing checklist.
- Answer guest questions regarding food/beverage menu and mercantile items.
- Take guest orders and repeat the order back to guest prior to accepting payment.
- Provides timely feedback to the manager of negative or constructive feedback.
- Ensures mercantile is properly stocked at all times and reports low inventory levels to the manager.
- Makes a continuous effort to improve job skills, knowledge and education.
- Thanks guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- Willing to perform other job-related tasks that may not be included in this job description
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
- Clean menus of food/beverage stains when possible and dispose of menus when stains cannot be removed.
- Restaurant experience is a plus but not required - on the job training will be provided.
- Barista experience a plus
- Must be a team player and demonstrate organizational skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and confidence
- Food handler’s permit and OLCC permit or ability to obtain them
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends, holidays and overtime
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5-8 hours).
- Excellent verbal and telephone skills to be able to communicate clearly and effectively with our guests.
- Must have exceptional grooming habits
- Be flexible and willing to assist as needed to ensure all restaurant standards are met
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds, bend, kneel, squat and reach occasionally throughout a shift