Asset Specialist Intern
The Asset Specialist position will work in the IT department and learn how to manage information technology assets within an enterprise environment. This will include but not be limited to inventory control, lifecycle management, purchasing, shipping & receiving, business process creation and review, as well as record keeping and controls.
This position does not allow for remote workers. The Intern must report to the Victoria Corporate office as scheduled.
Pay: $10 an hour.
Physical / Environmental Demands:
- Requires standing, sitting, and walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Assist in loading and unloading shipments.
- Able to lift and move 50lbs unassisted.
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist in hardware and software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to learn how to use and configure a computerized inventory system
- Willing to learn shipping & receiving procedures
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for staff.
- Develop test procedures and a checklist to perform repetitive solutions or setups.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage expectations.
- Other duties as directed by their immediate supervisor.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Attended/attending college majoring in business, accounting, bookkeeping, or related field.
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean record
Knowledge & Experience:
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware, including but not limited to PCs, Printers & Cellular phones
- A basic knowledge of bookkeeping including Accounts Payable, Purchasing & General Ledger
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of logistical issues as required.
- Ability to adhere to a flexible and demanding schedule that may result in short days, short-notice unscheduled overtime, or additional weekend shifts.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Regularly up to 40 -hour on-site work week
- From time to time there may be overtime up to as much as 60 hours when necessary.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals weighing up to 50lbs.
Regency Integrated Health Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled