The Guest Service Supervisor is responsible for the smooth operation of the front office and for ensuring that all standard operating procedures pertaining to the front desk are followed. Assists in coordinating the activities of workers in guest registration, bell services, concierge, valet services, telephone services, and night audit to ensure the highest guest satisfaction and maximizing hotel profitability.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressured situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
Duties and Functions:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Peachtree Hospitality Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of appearance and grooming, which include wearing a correct nametag and uniform when working.
- Comply at all times with Peachtree Hospitality Management and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous, and efficient hospitality at the Front Desk.
- Assist the Assistant General Manager/Guest Service Manager in interviewing and hiring.
- Act as the PIC when requested.
- Maintain efficiency in the operation of the staff in a high standard or quality of service and courtesy, bringing total satisfaction to guests and the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the hotel fire regulations and policy, accident reports, safety programs, and what the direct duties are in relation to each.
- Check all guests into and out of the hotel in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Provide a list of “due-outs” to Housekeeping.
- Understand and adhere to budgeted wage and hour limitations for staff.
- Maintain close control and inventory of uniforms and equipment on hand.
- Ensure proper lobby procedures (post positions, cleanliness, etc.).
- Ensure a workable checkroom system for luggage that protects the hotel and guest from loss or damage.
- Assist with preparing and posting weekly schedules in accordance with guest needs and staff availability.
- Ensure that staff is reporting gratuities and off-floor time in accordance with established policies in a timely manner.
- Maintain a good working relationship between the staff and other departments.
- Determine the requirements for the follow-ups and on special groups or VIPs.
- Have accurate and complete guest assistance information available regarding events taking place in town, restaurants, etc.
- Prepare and submit accident or injury reports when needed.
- Keep the General Manager informed of all unusual occurrences or special operations. Stay informed concerning the anticipated volume of guest’s arrivals and departures.
- Maintain key control.
- Balance bank daily.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend and/or conduct all training/meetings as requested by management.
Crowne Plaza Wauwatosa is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled