Summary / Purpose of Position: This position’s primary responsibility is to supervise the receipt of all donated goods into the store and the processing to produce and maintain quality product for the thrift store sales floor. Success is defined by both a level of quality and at the same time make sure to fulfill specific quotas in quantity in all production areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that all store employees, volunteer, and assigned client behavior is in accordance with the philosophy and policies of Miracle Hill Ministries.
- Provide leadership and insure that all persons especially customers, donors, fellow employees, clients and volunteers are treated in a professional manner with dignity and respect. It is especially important that customers and donors experience a warm welcome.
- Plan and prepare store work schedules and assign employees, clients and volunteers to specific duties.
- Implement-pricing policies.
- When called upon ensure cash reconciliation with sales receipts, maintain daily sales records, and transmit daily sales report to Directors office.
- Order merchandise and store supplies from warehouse.
- Address all inquiries or complaints and refer unusual or serious matters to immediate supervisor
- Ensure the timely processing of all incoming merchandise.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Regular Store employees
- Volunteers/Community Service/Clients
- Education or equivalent experience: BA in related field preferred but not required
- Years of experience: 3 retail 1+ in a supervisory role
- Specialized training required: None
- License/Certification: None
- Other: None
.Core Attributes and Expectations:
- Display a Christ-centered life demonstrated by a willingness to show acceptance and serve others.
- Work efficiently and manage time in order to meet production needs as well as other assigned tasks.
- Show motivation and ability to take initiative and properly delegate daily tasks and operations.
- Model good work habits and coach, teach and train to develop others establishing a productive and positive work environment.
- Treat employee and customers in a kind, respectful, and professional manner.
- Show respect for the integrity of the work place through honesty and responsibility.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and an openness to new ideas and changes and lead to it.
- Follow all safety guidelines.
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.